My Yanmar 2620

/ My Yanmar 2620 #21  
I agree with checking to see if you knocked something loose when messing with the fuel tank. Look at the regulator and also the key switch and first panel for tight connections . Also look at the plug on the alternator that it's tight. Check your connections at battery are tight and clean.

/ My Yanmar 2620 #22  
Maybe not relevant but my YM186D alternator light glows red after starting as if the alternator has failed. Then it settles down to ok after a while - normally off, dim red at low idle. My previous YM186D did the same thing.

I run a heavier electrical load than normal, much of my tractor use includes powering the 12 volt pump in my watering trailer. Despite this I've never had to charge the battery.

/ My Yanmar 2620 #23  
The Neg. battery cable is a good place to look were it grounds to the Frame. Make sure it's clean and tight. I seen that when I replaced the cable. My Alt. light would still flash occasionally. Ended up being a loose and bad connection on the fuse panel. After finally finding that one all been good. Not the first complaint! The Battery has even lasted 12yrs....

/ My Yanmar 2620 #24  
All good suggestions, but again assuming this all started after you were looking for your problem related to the fuel tank issue, start at the places where you were working near electrical wires.
Playing close attention to wires near the route you used to access the bottom of the tank, near the injectors, injector pump etc.
if the problem was present prior to finding the fuel tank issue, try any and all above suggestions!