Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #81  
way back in my high school days,64-67 our school offered a vo ag class,it even had a small farm where we could raise calfs,pigs etc.This was a city school and the only one of 6 high schools to have this "farm".I raised a whiteface hefier,one guy had a couple brahams another had a shorthorn another had a dozen or so hogs and this one guy had a hereford and his dad worked for this company that had a yearly dinner for it's employees and they bought a buffalo for him to feedout.you talk about a mean critter.when time came to make this buffalo into food two guys came out,one to shoot it and one to butcher it.the guy that was the butcher stood next to me with his knife and steel sharper and I noticed he also had a cup hanging on his belt.as soon as the shooter did his thing the butcher ran over and silt the buffalo's throat to bleed it,but what freeked all us out was when he took that cup and filled it with blood and started drinking it telling us that this was the best part with a kinda crazy grin on his face.I'll never forget that guy. russ

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #82  
any word on the Houdini bull?

J

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #83  
Had a Highland Bull about 1800 pounds would jump the fence uphill every day for a awhile one spring when the grass was greener on the hill than the pasture. He'd be waiting for me at the gate in the evening when i got home from work, wanting back in. Seemed he didn't like jumping downhill.
Mf

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #84  
i've noticed that too.. some animals can escape easilly.. but then not be able to re-enter easilly.. go figure...

soundguy

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #85  
i've noticed that too.. some animals can escape easilly.. but then not be able to re-enter easilly.. go figure...

soundguy

Kinda like the opposite of a roach motel???:laughing::laughing::laughing:

J

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #86  
I thought this applicable:

Bull leaps into bullring stands in Spain, 40 hurt - Yahoo! News

MADRID A bull leapt into the packed grandstands of a Spanish bullring and ran amok, charging and trampling spectators and leaving 40 people injured, regional officials said Thursday.

Video showed the bull jumping several meters (yards) high out of the ring, clearing two barriers before landing in the stands and raising a panic as he lurched through the screaming crowd, charging and tossing everything he could.

The 500-kilogram (1,100-pound) animal was brought under control by experienced bull handlers after several minutes and later killed.

The incident occurred Wednesday at the Tafalla arena in the northern region of Navarra during an event attended by about 3,500 spectators, in which mostly young people try to get a bull to charge at them so they can dodge it. Unlike standard bullfights, the bulls are not killed in these events.

The bull had already attempted to jump into the stands twice. After damaging a horn, he was about to be returned to the corral and replaced with another bull when he tried a third time and succeeded.

The regional government said in a statement Thursday that three people remained in hospitals in the regional capital of Pamplona, best known for its annual San Fermin running of the bulls festival.

The injured included a 10-year-old boy who was in intensive care after the bull reportedly fell on him. Another man was gored in the back and was said to be in stable condition.

In all, 40 people were treated, primarily for minor injuries.

"What could have been a tragedy ended up as a big fright," Tafalla mayor Cristina Sota was cited as saying in the main regional newspaper, Diario de Navarra.

Inaki Zunzarren, who was treated for bruises, told the paper: "The bull caught me and hurled me against the (concrete) seating. What an experience!"

Also lightly injured was 16-year-old Eneko Goyena Sesma.

"I was with my friends when the bull jumped over and everyone began to run. Somebody must have pushed me and I fell to the ground. I got a pretty big fright," he said.

The regional government said the crowd was made up largely of young people, and most were able to get away from the bull quickly, avoiding a greater number of injuries.

J

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #87  
RadarTech,I saw that on the Today show this morning.showed one guy holding him by his tail. russ

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #88  
Fox News has shown footage of that bull several times today. For the real bullfights, I root for the bull since I have no use for sadistic people of any kind. However, according to one news story I read about this particular incident, they don't normally kill the bulls in this contest. It's just mostly young people trying to dodge the bulls. It doesn't sound to me as if they're too bright, but as long as they're not hurting the bulls, I wouldn't object to that kind of play.:laughing:

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #89  
RadarTech,I saw that on the Today show this morning.showed one guy holding him by his tail. russ

yea it was quite good...

Reminds me of the Tim Allen and crew movie-- WILD HOGS...
remember the slap the bull scene???:laughing::laughing:

/ Mystery of the Flying Walenda/Houdini Bull #90  
Only someone who has worked with a reasonable number of animals which can become dangerous (because of weight, speed, venom, etc.) can understand how little time it takes for something to go from interesting to terrifyingly dangerous.

Hmm...well, bet that LEO's have the same understanding...right, Bird?