N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #51  
@TractorTech - ever changed a 555 starter? Wondering how much fun I'm in for.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #52  
@TractorTech - ever changed a 555 starter? Wondering how much fun I'm in for.
Many. Take the fuel filters out of the way, use a 3/8 ratchet with extentions to get the top, back bolt of the starter (if it's still there). Tilt the butt of the starter down as you pull it out (finger getter), then pull the nose out of the well.
Install in reverse.

If you don't think the replacement will fit, it will.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR.
Many. Take the fuel filters out of the way,
I'm not a pro, but I just removed the 2 bolts holding the filters. Then I loosened the 3-fuel lines and swiveled the filters 90 deg. horizontal and tightened the fuel lines. Secure the solenoid to the starter before installing the starter. getting light in there to see is a consideration. I hope this helps.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #54  
Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. It's a big one, that's for sure.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #55  
Well, that turned out to be much easier than I was fearing. 15 minutes and it was out. Partly helped by Fred's idea of removing the filter bracket bolts and pivoting the filters out of the way - but I didn't need to loosen any fittings. The lines were already loose as a goose and pretty freely spinning in the fittings! One more thing to add to the list.

I did a quick bench test a couple times and it activated the starter but it was spinning very slowly and sluggishly. Then I touched the + side lug and darned near burned my finger. I could see that the connecting strap has gotten extremely hot over the last who knows how many years, to the point that it has basically annealed the copper and even melted part of the nearby plastic housing around the solenoid trigger wire. Further disassembly brought me to the finding that the base of the positive lug of the starter was completely loose. The insulator or whatever had been in the hole was completely charred and burnt out. Might have been able to get away with rebuilding this one, but my order is already in, so maybe I'll just rebuild and keep it as a spare.

20240106_162725.jpg

20240106_163752.jpg

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. It's a big one, that's for

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. It's a big one, that's for sure.
TractorTech and eKretz I can't seem to add a post. I need help My torque converter has a solenoid with 2 in and 2 out. Do I need another Hanlei And or how to wire it. Thanks

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #57  
Fred, I don't think so on that one. You can probably just add a switch for lock-up. Did you use the torque converter lock-up much? (Switch on the end of the shuttle lever).

eKretz, perhaps it is too late and you removed the starter. I needed a magnet on a flexible stick to retrieve small parts.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #59  
Yep, already out. The only part I dropped was that really hard to reach rear starter bolt, which was, in fact, still there. It just fell to the ground.

/ N H Ford 445C TCM no. FONN7Z319AAR. #60  
Usually no problem loosing parts just hard to get that inside bolt in/out.