Ballast Naked Tractoring

/ Naked Tractoring #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
I like to take the loader off when I do a lot of brush-hogging. It doesn’t bounce as much and just kind of looks cool! IMG_1699.JPG

/ Naked Tractoring #2  
Does look cool! :drink: What year JD is it?

I'm lazy. I drop my bucket or forks sometimes but have never removed the FEL.

/ Naked Tractoring #3  
Rob- You may be losing rig balance removing your FEL. I would not see this as a serious problem on level terrain, on hills and slope you may want some weight low and up front to stay upright.

/ Naked Tractoring #4  
Rob- You may be losing rig balance removing your FEL. I would not see this as a serious problem on level terrain, on hills and slope you may want some weight low and up front to stay upright.
Like the weights mounted on the front weight bracket in the picture?

Aaron Z

/ Naked Tractoring #5  
Had a cousin that left his FEL on o push over 3"+ trees and other brush while brushogging.
Seemed to work really well.
He sure didn't get anything in the grill or anyplace else that was dangerous.

/ Naked Tractoring #6  
Aaron Z- I saw the suitcase weights; more weight forward could further help balance out the rig. A FEL can also find unseen ground surface obstructions.

/ Naked Tractoring #7  
I'd have something to protect that grill if brush hogging.. just sayin.
But also like the "naked" feeling when the FEL comes off and ready for putting on the snow plow.. and visa-versa in the spring time. Feels so light and nimble.. but doesn't stay that way for long.

Appears the left/right wheel brakes are locked together.. maybe for some road travel?

Fit and finish of the 790 looks really good. :thumbsup:

/ Naked Tractoring #8  
I always remove my loader for finish mowing or brush mowing the field (the heavy brush has already been cleared)

/ Naked Tractoring #9  
I usually drop the loader for mowing. It’s just so much better. Visibility is way better, it rides a lot better, you can get a lot closer to objects and it unloads the front enough that the steering brakes actually work.

/ Naked Tractoring #10  
I usually drop the loader for mowing. It’s just so much better. Visibility is way better, it rides a lot better, you can get a lot closer to objects and it unloads the front enough that the steering brakes actually work.

I agree! If I don't need the loader on my tractor while using it, the loader comes off! Takes about a minute to remove and about 1.5 minutes to install.