nankang or Nexen tires? Anyone have them?

/ nankang or Nexen tires? Anyone have them? #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
I'm in need of new summer tires on my Rav4. The problem is this summer we will be replacing it and spending extra on tires will not mean extra money when selling/ trading it. It'll probably only see 5,000 more miles so longevity isn't an issue. Since I could save hundreds I've been reading reviews trying to learn more. The two that I'm looking at are the NanKang SP-9 and the Nexen AH-7. I normally wouldn't be shopping based on price but since they are not tires I'm going to have to live with for years it could make sense.

/ nankang or Nexen tires? Anyone have them? #2  
Look at Hankook or Falken. I have had great luck with both. Both are now used as OEM tires. The Hankook Dynapro tires have a good track record and come on the F150 in certian trim levels.

/ nankang or Nexen tires? Anyone have them? #3  
I'm in need of new summer tires on my Rav4. The problem is this summer we will be replacing it and spending extra on tires will not mean extra money when selling/ trading it. It'll probably only see 5,000 more miles so longevity isn't an issue. Since I could save hundreds I've been reading reviews trying to learn more. The two that I'm looking at are the NanKang SP-9 and the Nexen AH-7. I normally wouldn't be shopping based on price but since they are not tires I'm going to have to live with for years it could make sense.

My answer varies depending upon if you sell or if you trade. When I buy a used vehicle, I would consider a new set of quality, name-brand tires with all 4 matching to be a feature that I would pay for - or, perhaps it just shows how fastidious the owner is / was. On the flip side, a set of lower quality tires would dissuade me from buying. In fact, I'd rather see worn out brand name tires (with a discount in sale price commensurate with this) than new cheap-o's. When trading, you will likely see no benefit to name brand tires.