Comparison Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #11  
LS makes all their own tractors in their own new, modern facility in South Korea. All the others that you listed are made by someone else and marketed by the respective distributor with the exception of Mahindra and those depending on the model may also be subs to another manufacturer. LS has been making tractors for several decades but just last 3 years or so have they been developing a USA market for them. They have set their goal to be in the top 3 sellers within 10 years of introduction and they are making large strides. All the New Holland Boomers were made by LS last year and some of the Case models also.
They are fine tractors, heavier than Kubota and John Deere but maybe not as heavy as Mahindra (have to check the weight on those for comparison) and have a 2 year bumper to bumper and 5 year power train warranty which is longer than most other companies. I think Kioti is also offering 5 years on power train.

I believe the Workmaster model he is referring to is the utility tractor which is built by NH (CNH) and not LS.

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions
It's harder than buying a car. I just went through it, and it's maddening. The good news is that most of the new tractors out there are good so it's hard to go wrong if you pick one that fits your needs and buy from a good dealer.

I hear ya!! The bad thing is that New holland dealer is right down the road so parts etc is at my door, Massey's closest is 36 miles away for one dealer then 93 miles away for the next, and i feel like i want a dang massey! Im gonna have a stroke before its over with hahahaha

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #13  
I would buy an LS before I would buy a NH made by LS. I think you are always better buying closer to the manufacturer. Masseys are made by Iseki but Iseki is not selling tractors here to my knowledge so I see nothing wrong with them. Iseki is very highly regarded. Mahindra is all over the map from a sourcing prospective in my opinion, but they are gaining respect. So I guess my advice would be LS, Massey then Mahindra in that size range and in that selection of manufacturers since that was the question. I would also focus on PTO HP more than weight or engine HP for what you describe as your needs. Weight can work against you from a HP/LBS ratio and from a damage to your soils from rutting in the winter. That sort of depends where you live, however. The only reason I put Massey behind LS is due to the warranty years. Quality I would say they are close.

I agree Tom the Massey only offers the 2 year warranty which i wish they didnt. And Agriman you are correct LS makes or did make the New Holland Boomer series but workmaster series are in a different category.

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #15  
Very interesting, I will have to look more into LS. Is changing oil, filters etc easy access on the LS?

All of the tractors you've mentioned are good machines that would likely do well for you. The most important factor is how they feel to you at this point, unless there are some particular requirements you haven't thought of yet.d

I've been extremely happy with my LS, and found the service for filters, etc was about as easy as it could be. I was also pleasantly surprised at the price for the filters when I did the 50hr service?ot too painful. Going off memory for the general specs of those models, it would appear the LS is really a step up in size and capability.

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #16  
Arent the Workmaster series, the economy models from NH, i.e. just the basics for a tractor and no upgrades on seat or comfort items? Do they have Position and Draft control on the hydraulics? Sorry but I am just asking as I don't know much about them other than I see them on the lot at my local NH dealer where I bought my Ferris Lawnmower. My brother in law has a New Holland and other than the small issues of seat, window glass breaking the air conditioner compressor burning up and a small weld breaking on the HST pedal it seems to work OK for him. I don't like driving it as it is very uncomfortable for me as the seat bottoms out at the least bump and its spring is as tight as we can get it. We had to replace the knob once as it popped off from the compression (not an easy job to do either)

Arent the Workmaster series, the economy models from NH, i.e. just the basics for a tractor and no upgrades on seat or comfort items? Do they have Position and Draft control on the hydraulics? Sorry but I am just asking as I don't know much about them other than I see them on the lot at my local NH dealer where I bought my Ferris Lawnmower. My brother in law has a New Holland and other than the small issues of seat, window glass breaking the air conditioner compressor burning up and a small weld breaking on the HST pedal it seems to work OK for him. I don't like driving it as it is very uncomfortable for me as the seat bottoms out at the least bump and its spring is as tight as we can get it. We had to replace the knob once as it popped off from the compression (not an easy job to do either)

Your guess is as good as mine im still learning the specs myself. But as far as i can tell when it comes down to the grit my best options are looking to be NH or LS due to location of dealers, reviews, and price range.

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #18  
I know you said you wanted a gear machine, but think about a Hydrostat, as you are going to be a bunch of mowing with a rotary cutter and cutting brush up. You will be starting and stopping and slowing down dozens of times in a short time, waiting for the brush to grind up or the engine rpm to catch up as you hit something really thick.. Think about all that clutching and/or gearshifting. The HST makes it all so easy on the operator.. Now for all I know you are 20 years old and have a perfect left knee, but if you aren't, you might want to think about that. A Hydro is also the cat's meow for any kind of loader work. Anytime you will need to change direction or speed a lot, then it is hard to beat. I have owned 5 tractors over 20 years 2 gear and 3 hydro.. Its hydro for this old boy. Just my 2 cents.

James K0UA

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #19  
I know you said you wanted a gear machine, but think about a Hydrostat, as you are going to be a bunch of mowing with a rotary cutter and cutting brush up. You will be starting and stopping and slowing down dozens of times in a short time, waiting for the brush to grind up or the engine rpm to catch up as you hit something really thick.. Think about all that clutching and/or gearshifting. The HST makes it all so easy on the operator.. Now for all I know you are 20 years old and have a perfect left knee, but if you aren't, you might want to think about that. A Hydro is also the cat's meow for any kind of loader work. Anytime you will need to change direction or speed a lot, then it is hard to beat. I have owned 5 tractors over 20 years 2 gear and 3 hydro.. Its hydro for this old boy. Just my 2 cents.

James K0UA

Absolute truth right there. It's actually also a big time saver using the HST machine. I find that with my Massey (gear), instead of stopping, and backing into a spot that needs cutting, I'll make a complete extra pass so that I don't have to clutch, stop, change to reverse, cut, clutch, stop, change to a forward gear, etc…all takes time. With the HST, you just let off one pedal, get on the other, and vice versa, with almost zero lost time.

/ Narrowed down to 3 tractors and need factual opinions #20  
Arent the Workmaster series, the economy models from NH, i.e. just the basics for a tractor and no upgrades on seat or comfort items?)

Yes, but the Workmaster series also applies to the utility tractors.