Buying Advice Narrowed it down - Do I talk myself out of this?

/ Narrowed it down - Do I talk myself out of this? #21  
I think you did it right. I know mowing you spend a lot of time sitting... I don't mow and all the work I do has me on and off the tractor constantly. Which would mean cold-to-hot and back constantly. I'd prefer one temp.

I got a backhoe because I wanted it and could. But in hindsight I probably wouldn't, I rarely use it. I have the LPGS on the back and the hoe is just sitting on its dolly in storage. :eek:

/ Narrowed it down - Do I talk myself out of this?
Dav - that is exactly what I was told... their backhoe sits doing nothing now. The only reason I even got a dadgum post hole diggers is so I did not have to ask, and those are cheap in comparrison.

It was a really hard choice.. I wanted a/c... but it was, I think , the smarter choice.

I will miss the a/c.. but I shall make up for it with cold beer :p

R

/ Narrowed it down - Do I talk myself out of this? #23  
These seem like the best and most reasonably priced canopies (thanks to another poster for the link):
Home

/ Narrowed it down - Do I talk myself out of this? #24  
Buying something like a BH that will see limited use is not smart. Sometimes it makes sense to pay for the work. My neighbor talked me out of getting one for that reason. Nice to have but a lot of money. In the six years I have lived here, I have spent $500 for BH work. Your circumstances may differ.

Renting a trackhoe for the weekend is certainly a much cheaper option. I agree with you 100%.