Nasty Little Wood Ticks

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #1  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
Well, It has happened. I found my first wood tick of 2002 today. He / she "I am not sure how to tell, nor do I want to"
was happily and Thoroughly attached to my ankle. I just now found him / her.
I guess it is safe to say that spring is here. It has to be now !!!!

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #2  
Yup - cat had been sleeping on my tractor seat and when I went out a few days ago there were two of the little buggers crawling up my thigh. Theres just something about ticks I dont like and the season is back for sure.

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #3  
Saturday, while reading here on TBN, I felt this tickle on my neck - the first tick of the season. It sure was in a hurry to go some where! /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #4  
I knew that I shouldn't read this./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Now my skin is crawling. Haven't seen one yet this year (and don't want to) but now I can feel them crawling all over me./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #5  
Hope those nasty little buggers aren't as bad as they were a couple of years ago.. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

If anyone should have children playing outside in a wooded area,they should double check there clothes also the hair upon the head...don't forget the pets also.

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #6  
Ticks are runnin' in Tennessee!

Yep, I've already pulled two off my legs, and I'm running behind on slatherin' the dogs with frontline. Resultantly, I have found several LARGE ticks on them as well. Anyone spray their yard yet, and if so...what did you use?

HILLBILLYMAN

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #7  
Ive put the frontline on both the cats but they still seem to carry ticks in their fur. The buggers just dont bite them theyre only along for the ride. I guess that makes them hungirier when they get to me.

I dont like to spray for ticks (the yard that is) as I always have believed the best way to control them is trim the brush and keep the grass cut.

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #8  
Already had them on both dogs and me, and the news lady says the warm winter and wet spring mean a bumper crop this year./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Last year and this we've cut the dogs' hair almost to the skin. They look a little strange (in fact, they go after each other for a day or two--I guess they both think there's a strange dog in the house /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif), but it helps a ton in tick-spotting, lets them dry right off after going in the pond, helps with stinking-stuff removal, and they seem a lot more comfortable during the swelter.

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #9  
Last year and this we've cut the dogs' hair almost to the skin. They look a little strange (in fact, they go after each other for a day or two--I guess they both think there's a strange dog in the house ), but it helps a ton in tick-spotting

I hope your not recommending shaving my 2 barn cats - not that its a bad idea but it would be an interesting escapade with these 2 hunters. Maybe Ill tell the neighbor boy Ill give him ten dollars if he can do it /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Nasty Little Wood Ticks #10  
Wanker--

I was going to add that I thought we might shave the cats too this summer, but I forgot. Thanks for reminding me!! Listen--once the kid's got some practice on your cats, would you send me his number so I can recruit him for ours? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif