National Farm Machinery Show

/ National Farm Machinery Show #11  
I like that roll over blade too, I don't think I can get Dirt Dog box blades up here or even in NY state?

Bush Hog also sells rollover box scrapers, which I believe are manufactured for them by Dirt Dog.

Who was the maker of the rollover blade ? I really like that over the box blade.
David

Dirt Dog Manufacturing is located in Commerce, GA. Their website is here: http://dirtdogmfg.com/.

/ National Farm Machinery Show
Looks like fun! All those mahindras with the loaders way up didn't look to safe, especially with people on the tractors! I guess if they disconnect the loader hyd lines with it up it should be pretty safe but still...
I like that roll over blade too, I don't think I can get Dirt Dog box blades up here or even in NY state?

I have only used this new blade twice, but so far it is pretty awesome. I ordered the blade from Mcgee's Farm Equipment. They are great to deal with and have the best pricing I have found even with the shipping. He will ship via common carrier and if you have a terminal where you can pick it up the shipping isn't too bad. I received the blade 5 days after I bought it. Here is a link to his website. Dirt Dog Manufacturing Box Blades I can't lay my hand on the invoice right now, but i think the shipping to the R & L terminal in Lexington was $180.01. I found my invoice and corrected the amount for the shipping.

Last edited:
   / National Farm Machinery Show #13  
Thanks for the pics! I always enjoy seeing pics from the machinery shows. I especially like the first one where the folks are resting on the JD loader bucket. :laughing:

/ National Farm Machinery Show #14  
I have only used this new blade twice, but so far it is pretty awesome. I ordered the blade from Mcgee's Farm Equipment. They are great to deal with and have the best pricing I have found even with the shipping. He will ship via common carrier and if you have a terminal where you can pick it up the shipping isn't too bad. I received the blade 5 days after I bought it. Here is a link to his website. Dirt Dog Manufacturing Box Blades I can't lay my hand on the invoice right now, but i think the shipping to the R & L terminal in Lexington was $180.01. I found my invoice and corrected the amount for the shipping.
Yep, the brush hog ones do look identical and there are brush hog dealers up here. Why did you go for the rollover blade instead of the rbx boxblade? Looks like a rollover might scarify better or deeper with no box in that mode?

Yep, the brush hog ones do look identical and there are brush hog dealers up here. Why did you go for the rollover blade instead of the rbx boxblade? Looks like a rollover might scarify better or deeper with no box in that mode?

There are several reasons, first the rollover box is much heavier. It will dig deeper and not level with the blade after I scarify, and I don't always want it leveled afterwards. Many of the areas I am going to use my rock bucket after I scarify the soil to pick up the rocks and then harrow it and level it after than if necessary. I can also backfill with it better with the rollover blade. I normally do that with my loader bucket, but when i have the rock bucket on I can't.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #16  
Would you mind if I asked for the price you found on the rock bucket/rock fork?

Thank you.

It was $1,550 for the 62" bucket including shipping. This was a show special, I don't know what the regular price was/is. I was impressed with the quality of the bucket. The only one that I liked better was the J Houle bucket, but it was $800 more and I didn't see that much difference in the bucket to justify that much price difference. If you look for it on the HLA site rock they refer to it as a retainer style stone fork. Here is the link HORST WELDING | HLA >> STONE FORK ( RETAINER STYLE TINES)

/ National Farm Machinery Show #19  
Thanks for sharing. I would have come home with empty pockets and new toys.:D

/ National Farm Machinery Show #20  
Went to the show and tractor pull for about five six years but have not been in a couple of years because of work. That show is a fun time. We always spent two full days walking and getting ideas on how to spend a lot of money.