Natural History Blogger

/ Natural History Blogger
Thanks, Mike. Recently, I've been seeing a surge of reports about aggressive coyotes running off with small pets and even threatening people. Have you heard about any similar incidents in your area lately?

Welcome to the forum.

/ Natural History Blogger #12  
Welcome to TBN. We have a deverse array of topics besides Tractors which is the frontrunner. Sounds like with your background you could start a few interesting topics of your own. Take care. -robert

/ Natural History Blogger #13  
Thanks, Mike. Recently, I've been seeing a surge of reports about aggressive coyotes running off with small pets and even threatening people. Have you heard about any similar incidents in your area lately?

We had a couple aggressive coyotes on a island about a hour away. They were attacking people. They didn't last long as someone did them in. The coyotes around here run through the fields all the time and pick up barn cats for a meal.

We had a Lynx around here the other day, and there is rummer of a cougar that has been seen on my road. I was told by a local wildlife photographer that he has been told by multiple people on where is sits on the mountain at the end of my road and suns itself. I am waiting for a nice sunny day to get my camera set up and see if I can get a shot of it.

/ Natural History Blogger #14  
Buon giorno Jerry como e stai? A big Texas welcome. We haven't notice an uptick in coyotes running off with small pets, but it seems to just happen if you let the small ones out long enough for the 'yotes to come running. Although we hear a lot of Coyotes howling and chasing something down by the creek at night.

About a week ago my 2 dogs that were in the house started raising cane about something that was outside. I let them out and they started running toward my 2 horses that were feeding in the direction of the creek. Before they got to the fence I saw 2 Coyotes jump up and head to the creek. That is the closest (60 yds) that I've ever seen them to the house. Now if the dogs start raising cane like that I grab my mini 14 and go take a look.

Charlie

/ Natural History Blogger #15  
Welcome Jerry to the forum. Lots of interesting people and experiences here from all over the world. Drew

Now if the dogs start raising cane like that I grab my mini 14 and go take a look.
Now Charlie, don't forget your 100 round magazines.... just kidding, really. Ms. Feinstein, take note, real life
good purpose to have more than a muzzle loader.

/ Natural History Blogger #16  
Now if the dogs start raising cane like that I grab my mini 14 and go take a look.
Now Charlie, don't forget your 100 round magazines.... just kidding, really. Ms. Feinstein, take note, real life
good purpose to have more than a muzzle loader.

I just have to make due with a 30 round mag. Ammo is almost getting to expensive to fill it up.

Liberals just don't seem to have a good grasp of what's going on in the real world. And it's been real funny listening to Senators from R.I. trying to talk about firearms.......they are really confused.

Charlie

/ Natural History Blogger #17  
They are snatching small dogs out of yards where we used to live. And still are. In this area a small dog has to be kept on a leash. I have not heard of any aggression against towards people there.