Natures Digg'n Machine

/ Natures Digg'n Machine #1  

Stoney

Natures Digg\'n Machine

First time I ever saw one of these critters here in SW Ga. was 8 years or so ago. Was told they came up out of Texas.
Devious animals--only come out at night. Seem to know when you turn in. They can turn a freshly manicured lawn into a
moonscape before sunrise. Seem to have a special fondness for flower beds and won't hesitate to challenge a foundation around the house and tractor shed. Armadillos- unrivaled around here for the quality and quanity of destruction.. Short of concreting the place over and turning loose a dozen Jack Russell terriers are there any other solutions to deal with this mini dozer. Stoney

/ Natures Digg'n Machine #3  
Re: Natures Digg\'n Machine

Stoney,I see you had your first run in with "Opossum on a half-shell"...My grand pa had one under the barn when I was a young-en...If I remeber correctly he trapped it...He barrowed a trap from someone...I was only about 8 so I only remember his frustration over it.That and some of the explatives he used to voice it...But the JR's sound like an IDEA...I'll have to remember as my wife has 2 of the little rascals (J.J. and Calvin)...They aren't to bad a problem in my area,arma-dilos that is, (NE of Bham),but if you find something that works let us know...You never know when it may be usefull...

Lil' Paul

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Natures Digg'n Machine #4  
Re: Natures Digg\'n Machine

Stoney, you ought to hear the golf course managers cuss'em in Texas./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Armadillos love manicured and watered turf. There is one solution if you don't mind the work involved; they're pretty darned good barbecued./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Bird on 7/25/00 04:00 PM.</FONT></P>