NDS EZ-Drain vs. pipe and stone for piping a seep into a pond

/ NDS EZ-Drain vs. pipe and stone for piping a seep into a pond #11  
All of the back and forth here inspired me to watch a few Youtube videos on how field tile works vs. how french drains work which is what I have the most experience with having built them many times. Found a bunch of good content from ag extension offices, etc... Field tile is meant to do what I am looking to do-capture rising GROUNDWATER and drain it off, which is why it does not need stone or fabric to work. Thanks all!
In my opinion and it is just an opinion in swampy soft ground such as you are working with I'd be tempted to use the product that you showed in your first post. Also after ditching and buying that after the initial leveling I'd be tempted to lay down a layer of highway fabric and gravel or even sandy topsoil for ground cover that wouldn't sink and mush down into the existing soil. Also I would end whatever tile or line you use in a container (dry well) of some type filled with stone to keep critters from entering and plugging the pipe.

/ NDS EZ-Drain vs. pipe and stone for piping a seep into a pond #12  
Instead of paying for two loads of gravel, and spending all that time installing the pipe system, can you hire somebody to dig out the pond, and make it bigger?

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / NDS EZ-Drain vs. pipe and stone for piping a seep into a pond
Instead of paying for two loads of gravel, and spending all that time installing the pipe system, can you hire somebody to dig out the pond, and make it bigger?
Unfortunately no-the area I’m looking to drain and make the “beach” is a strip of land about 50-75’ wide between the northern bank of the pond and the stone row delineating my property from my neighbor’s. My lot is only about 200’ wide at that point so I don’t have a ton of room on the other side either. My land sits a bit lower than my neighbor’s, so I believe what happens is my neighbor’s adjacent 5 acre field absorbs rainfall and that water percolates down through the soil and eventually hits an impervious layer of clay, etc…and then begins moving south toward my property, seeping out of the hillside in spots as it makes its way to the lowest spot which is the pond.

In any event, I’m going to dispense with the stone, etc…and just put pipe in the ground and backfill with the existing soil as you would with field tile as it sounds like it will work just fine based on what I’ve seen here and recently read elsewhere.

/ NDS EZ-Drain vs. pipe and stone for piping a seep into a pond #14  
Is there someone in your area with a tile plow or ferris-wheel machine?