Near impossible to remove grease gun

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #11  
I was just curious if anyone else has this problem and if it was isolated to the type of zerk Deere uses or if it was just me.

That I wouldn't know. If Deere uses an unusual kind of zerk, I didn't know it, but then there's a lot of things I don't know.:)

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #12  
Don't feel bad; Kubota has the same problem :) Seems to be a metric/american anomaly.

Attachments

• DSCN0702.jpg
    DSCN0702.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 150
  • grease zerks metric american cropped.jpg
    grease zerks metric american cropped.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 180
   / Near impossible to remove grease gun
Thanks for those pics - at least now I know I'm not losing my mind!

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #14  
Bird is right on with the zert problem. Just loosen the grease gun fitting a little and it will pull right off. Just have to remember to tighten it back up after or you will have grease going everywhere except where it is supposed to go.:)

Mike

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #15  
When i was greasing my fel the other day the grease gun was wanting to get stuck and it was alot easier to get it off by tipping the gun at an angle.

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #16  
after applying grease...push forward with the tip before trying to pull the tip off the zerk. This forward movement releases the fingers inside the tip head and facilitates easy removal. Remember that when pumping the grease in, you have created a "grip" and that grip needs to be released before trying to remove the tip.

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #17  
I bought a new grease gun today and instead of risking having it stuck to the tractor I tried it on a spare fitting I had on hand and now I can't remove the fitting from the new gun's tip. Arghh!

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #18  
I fought with the Kubota zerks and had to loosen my guns tip eventually. I have broke 2 zerks now trying to get the gun off. All 6 of my grease guns have the same problem on the Kubota loader zerks which are SAE. Some of my grease guns are 40 years old, some are brand new. None work with every zerk on the loader even with the push it back on or the angle removal tricks.

/ Near impossible to remove grease gun #19  
I must have missed this thread when it was originally posted but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person with this problem. I even went as far as purchasing a JD grease gun figuring that maybe there was something different about the tip. After all was done, the solution that worked the best was to loosen the tip. I didn't know about the push on to pull off trick so I will have to see how that works the next time I grease something.