Neat PowerTrac-6x6

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #1  

ToolcatWonka5610

Gold Member
Hi everyone, yes I'm still around.

I found this Power Trac 6x6 ATV unit, and its pretty dang neat!
I'm not sure if its something PT made or someone else made, the seller makes it sound like its built by PT. It uses an 18hp engine, and a 180 or 422 frame.

It's in ebay under Power Trac, you'll see, it. Check it out, its really neat.
I want it! :D :p

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #3  
Reviews have been generally poor of this particular machine. Prone to leaking and overheating. But not too many owners so ymmv

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #4  
Go to e bay and search for this:

"JOHN DEERE GATOR type pt6X6 power-trac"

It is not the hunt vee that Power Trac manufactures.

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #5  
crazy looking machine. I wonder why PT stopped manufacturing it, or if it comes from the mining division.

Looks to be 2 wheel drive. If it wasn't I might consider a bid on it... Save not buying a quad.. Although it is probably slow as heck. And no dump on the trailer....

Good find Willie

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #6  
crazy looking machine. I wonder why PT stopped manufacturing it, or if it comes from the mining division.

Looks to be 2 wheel drive. If it wasn't I might consider a bid on it... Save not buying a quad.. Although it is probably slow as heck. And no dump on the trailer....

Good find Willie

Yeah. Kind of neat bug to have crawling around on the property. If it dumped it would be really handy. Maybe put a crane on it to self load firewood logs?

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #7  

Good find Willie

If it's 2-wheel drive, the 6X6 name is wrong. If it has wheel motors on the rear, it could be a neat machine -- it the wheel motors have enough torque to handle steep slopes.

As the Q&A states, it had an optional "bed-liner" that dumped.

Interesting machine, none-the-less...

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #8  
If it's 2-wheel drive, the 6X6 name is wrong. If it has wheel motors on the rear, it could be a neat machine -- it the wheel motors have enough torque to handle steep slopes.

As the Q&A states, it had an optional "bed-liner" that dumped.

Interesting machine, none-the-less...

Good point. It would only be a 6 x 2 or 2 x 6 or some other kind of rectangular lumber! :p

Looking at the picture of the bed, it does not look like there are wheel motor wells back there anywhere. And I don't see any hoses going that direction.

Someone with an e-bay account should log on and ask him more questions. ;)

/ Neat PowerTrac-6x6 #9  
Looking at the picture of the bed, it does not look like there are wheel motor wells back there anywhere. And I don't see any hoses going that direction.
Someone with an e-bay account should log on and ask him more questions. ;)
I asked the the seller and they said "ALL SIX WHEELS DRIVE".
On the wheel motors for the back, I don't see lines either, but there could be space for them (if they were short) behind the tires.
Perhaps I will take a juant out that way on Sat and take a look at it... Or ask for pix...

Aaron Z