Nebraska Tractor Test

/ Nebraska Tractor Test #11  
That would certainly be interesting. I wonder what would happen since the state law requires the testing. I am guessing that would hurt the tax-payers and economy worse. If the tractor MFG's have to pay for their own testing, the costs will just be added to the sticker of the tractors. I am guessing that a lot of the smaller companies would opt to not market in Nebraska. Interesting to see what would happen there...

/ Nebraska Tractor Test #12  
73jeep said:
flusher,
While you are waiting for your report to come in, I have some info. from my book. 1965 MF 135: Diesel
--weighing 3,645 lbs
-- 12 spd trans = speeds from 1.31 to 18.8mph using 14.9 x 24 rear tires
-- pull recorded of 2,437lbs @ 5.09 mph
-- another pull of 1,849 lbs @ 5.32mph
-- 37.82 PTO hp @ 2,000rpm & 33.06 drawbar hp.

1965 MF 135: Gas
--weighing 3,565 lbs
--12 spd = speeds from 1.38 to 19.82 mph using 13.6 x 28 rear tires
--pulled 2,121 lbs. @5.38 mph
--another pull of 1,620 lbs. @5.78 mph
--35.37 PTO hp @ 2,000rpm & 30.45 drawbar hp

Thanks for the info. The test reports should be coming my way soon.

/ Nebraska Tractor Test #13  
From the State Code of Nebraska:

Section 2-2701.21
Tractor shall mean an agricultural tractor of forty or more horsepower which is a traction machine designed and advertised primarily to supply power to agricultural implements and farmstead equipment. An agricultural tractor propels itself and provides a force in the direction of travel to enable attached soil-engaging and other agricultural implements to perform their intended function.

Section 2-2705
Fees collected for the testing of tractors by the Nebraska Tractor Testing Laboratory shall be credited to the University of Nebraska Tractor Test Cash Fund, which fund is hereby created. The fund shall be used by the Nebraska Tractor Testing Laboratory to defray the expenses of testing tractors. Any accrued interest shall also be credited to the fund, except that the cash carryover of such fund from one biennium to the next biennium shall not exceed, by more than fifteen percent, the total cash fund expenditures for the average of the five preceding years. Any amount in excess of such fifteen percent shall be forwarded to the University of Nebraska. Any money in the fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.

Section 2-2705.01
There is hereby imposed a fee of fifty dollars for each application for any permit made to the board pursuant to sections 2-2701 to 2-2711. Such fee shall be in addition to the fees provided for in section 2-2705 and shall be paid to the department. All fees collected by the department pursuant to this section shall be remitted to the State Treasurer for credit to the Tractor Permit Cash Fund, which fund is hereby created.