Need a new air compressor

/ Need a new air compressor
I was on my way early this morning to get the big 60 gallon 220v compressor from Atwoods for $499 and pass this little place not more than about 4 miles from my house that had a sign with tools for sale. I said what the heck, let me check him out. It was like a pawn shop inside but with mostly new stuff and a few used. He had a 2 30 gallon oilless type but I didn't want any more oilless, Then I saw this small twin tank PUMA brand 2HP and 7.4 CFM @90 PSI that looked good for $100. I decided I would just get that for now and plan was I could tie it into the 31 gallon tank off the Craftsman for extra storage as the compressor was as high or higher than my 30 gal Craftsman. I used it all day running the big 3/4" HF impact and it worked pretty good but does cycle a lot but pumps up in less than a minute. So when I finished work, I started taking the Craftsman apart. I took off the head and looked at the piston, all the valves and piston looked good, so I put it back together and plugged it in to run and it was really sucking air in thru the intake with lots of vacuum so I started looking at what else could be a problem. Maybe that little sending unit line to the shut off controller, so it took a wrench to it to see if it was tight and one end just turned round and round. Took that line off and the aluminum line had sheared off inside the compression nut. I finally got it off and the piece of tubing removed and jury rigged the compression fitting by drilling out the swage so I could get it back over the pipe as I didn't have anything to fit it. Well I got it back together and it seems to be holding and TADA, it pumped up to 130 and shut off just like normal. Now I have the little one and the big one, so now to see how I want to use them. I am going to get a new copper 1/4" OD tubing with new compression fitting to replace that aluminum line and it will be better than new.

/ Need a new air compressor #13  
Way to go! I love stories that end up like that. I've been thinking about replacing my aging Craftsman air compressor as parts keep falling off it, but with a little tinkering it keeps on going. The cosmetic coverings are gone, and when the cooling fan gave up I hung a small plastic desk fan on and wired it in. Doesn't look like much but it's still pumping.

I love it when I don't have to spend money to fix something. Yesterday I got out my soap bottle and started soaping every joint on both compressors as they leak down every few minutes and recharge the tank. Well I found a pretty good leak on the Craftsman where the air charge goes into the tank so I unhooked the 2 compression fitting lines (one of which was the one I fixed yesterday terminates on this fitting), unscrewed the brass fitting and doped it up with some Teflon paste put it back together and no more leak. The new to me PUMA was also leaking down and I found a few bubbles coming from another joint with a compression fitting and a threaded nipple. The threads were leaking and in a very hard place to get a wrench into. Finally got it all tightened up and no more leaks. I couldn't believe that such a small leak would cause a 30 psi drop in pressure about every 5 minutes on the Puma but then it only has a 3 gallon tank.
Mine hasn't gotten quite to the point of yours but lately it seems more and more issues happening with it.

One other thing I did was drain the crankcase oil in the Puma compressor. Checking the dipstick the oil looked clear, but when I drained it, man was it black with contamination. I only holds about half a pint and I had about half a quart of 10W-30 full synthetic that was left from a lawnmower oil change so I filled the crankcase with that. Amazingly, the compressor runs a lot quieter now than with the other oil.