need a new clutch -Ford 1720

/ need a new clutch -Ford 1720 #11  
OK all, let me rephrase the question...

My clutch needs replacement. Given that, how many hours can I expect a mechanic with the facillity and proper tools to quote for replacement.

Thanks everone for your help.

Starting with the tractor as pictured, could easily take 20 hours.

/ need a new clutch -Ford 1720
thanks Rick!

/ need a new clutch -Ford 1720 #13  
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and I don't know if I'm in the right spot. I have a Ford 1720 that worked fine when I parked it two years ago. Everything is fine except, after pressing the clutch all the way in the gears grind. It didn't do it when I parked it but now does. When I begin pressing the clutch in I can hear a little noise that sounds to me like the throw out bearing. I am going to sale it and don't want to mislead anyone. Any info would be great, thanks!

/ need a new clutch -Ford 1720 #14  
Frequently after sitting under pressure for a long time the clutch disc sticks/rusts to the pressure plate or flywheel. When you press the clutch pedal it relieves the pressure but the disc still spins. You can search this site for some tips, but I have had some luck towing with the clutch pedal pushed in to free it. It can be difficult to get them unstuck.

/ need a new clutch -Ford 1720 #15  
Thanks davkir. I have heard of that before and may give it a try before breaking the tractor down.

/ need a new clutch -Ford 1720 #16  
In my Ford 1900 Operating manual it warns of this if it sits for any length of time. They have a blocking procedure they show in there with a wooden block on the clutch to prevent it.

Others on the forums here have had some success with just banging into a tree or other sturdy object to break it free. Although that can be dangerous too ! So if you do it be careful to not get thrown off the tractor on the sudden impact. Basically it goes like this. Put it in low gear and head to a sturdy stopping object. Bang into it with your foot on the clutch (and seatbelt ON) and it should break the clutch free.

Steve