Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower?

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower? #1  

Sid Post

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 5711D, Kubota L4600, Kubota B2601
I bought a used LandPride finish 3-point mower and need a PTO shaft for it. Raised, it is 34" from gearbox shaft end to end, and lowered it is 35". I'm assuming I will need to cut anything I buy.

Where will I find a reasonable quality PTO shaft that isn't ~$360? I would like the couplers that locks open like my Kubota/LandPride 3-point brush hog/rotary mower but, a shear pin should be too much trouble if the cost is too high. Locally, I don't have much in the way of options and everything is >$300 which seems pretty high for ~30HP PTO shaft.

It looks like Amazon has some options in the ~$100 range which would probably work but, I don't know what I don't know. I'm assuming the 6-spline 1 3/8ths is the correct standard size, my bad tape measure reading was 1.5" at the spline depth so 1.375" seems about right for the 'cylinder' portion.

TIA,
Sid

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower? #2  
I've run into this and Landpride seems especially pricy. They wanted almost $300 for just a plastic safety shield for mine.

Try AgriSupply in the mid south or Sloan Express from the Midwest. I've dealt with both for decades and both were highly reliable. I prefer Sloan Ex but they don't always have what I want. Bought PTO things from Sloan only recently.

You need to figure out what you'll need on your own so if you don't know, ask here.

Let us know how this works out for you. Good luck.

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower?
Tractor Supply was $470 tax-free for a PTO shaft for me! :eek:

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower? #4  
$300 is a good price with the ujoints and couplers

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower? #5  
Check these out: https://www.(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)/Tractor-PTO-Shafts-s/10504.htm

willy

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower? #6  
I would spend money on a good quality PTO shaft made in europe or USA that use good quality bearings and interchangeable parts. I also choose to support my local tractor dealers so they will continue to be there tomorrow if I have an unexpected break down.

I don't trust the cheapo POS china and india garbage on amazon. Saving $200 and risking splitting the tractor, downtime, and thousands of dollars in repairs? No thanks.

/ Need a replacement PTO shaft for a Kubota B2601 to a Landpride finish mower? #7  
ASC (Agri Supply) online and in their stores has a wide assortment of complete drivelines (PTO) as well as various parts, both imported (Chineseum) and Euro-Cardan. I buy from them all the time. Fast shipping, good prices.

I would spend money on a good quality PTO shaft made in europe or USA that use good quality bearings and interchangeable parts. I also choose to support my local tractor dealers so they will continue to be there tomorrow if I have an unexpected break down.

I don't trust the cheapo POS china and india garbage on amazon. Saving $200 and risking splitting the tractor, downtime, and thousands of dollars in repairs? No thanks.
A $100 PTO shaft on a $16,000 tractor with a ~$3,000 mower to me sounds like a bad idea. The risk of doing more than $200 in damage is high not to mention trying to find bearings and similar stuff I will need to maintain it over time.

ASC (Agri Supply) online and in their stores has a wide assortment of complete drivelines (PTO) as well as various parts, both imported (Chineseum) and Euro-Cardan. I buy from them all the time. Fast shipping, good prices.
Agri-Supply on the east coast is where I'm looking right now. They have a good option with a slip clutch for ~$300 shipped which seems like the best option for me. I just need to follow up locally make sure I'm not overlooking a local dealer first.