Forks Need a set of forks

/ Need a set of forks #41  
Thanks again, nope cant weld myself so I would have to look into getting it done for me or as you suggested I will speak to the company about their suggestions, thanks for the help!

/ Need a set of forks #43  
Sorry for the photo guys, but my photo girl got cold unloading the forks. These look really great, I'll post up more photos when it gets warmer. These were Berlon cat 2 forks that are rated for about 4000 lbs.

IMG_0141.JPG

/ Need a set of forks #45  
Hey Charlton John,

I posted up for that guy advertising them that I wanted a total cost of it with the discount and shipping. Sorry not enough coffee before posting this morning:D.

/ Need a set of forks #46  
Hey Charlton John,

I posted up for that guy advertising them that I wanted a total cost of it with the discount and shipping. Sorry not enough coffee before posting this morning:D.

No problem, I am interested to get this and some more info as well thats why I was asking. I sent him a PM but have not yet gotten a response. If I do I will let you know and please do the same for me. I need to know about its effectivness being used on clamp on forks and possible damage to the bucket. Unfortunatly I dont have that nice fancy set up you do:D Thanks

/ Need a set of forks #47  
I need to know about its effectivness being used on clamp on forks and possible damage to the bucket.

One benefit you have is that the loader on the B2620 is not that powerful so it is pretty unlikely to do any harm. It would be nice if you could strenthen the cutting edge and upper lip. Welding on reinforcements would be best but you could probably just C clamp some supports in place temporarily to distribute the load if you cannot easily get welding done or don't want to modify the bucket permanently.

/ Need a set of forks #48  
One benefit you have is that the loader on the B2620 is not that powerful so it is pretty unlikely to do any harm. It would be nice if you could strenthen the cutting edge and upper lip. Welding on reinforcements would be best but you could probably just C clamp some supports in place temporarily to distribute the load if you cannot easily get welding done or don't want to modify the bucket permanently.

Thanks again Island, you have been very helpful to me in this process. I am pretty new to tractors so I am learning as I go. Question I do have for you is what material would you recommend to be used as supports, like a 2x4?

/ Need a set of forks #49  
Question I do have for you is what material would you recommend to be used as supports, like a 2x4?

I would basically mount the quickspade to the bucket and then check to see what spacing and materials were available to reinforce the lower lip particularly. The idea here is that the quick spade will distribute the lifting force over a smaller portion of the lower bucket edge than regular digging would so you'd like to redistribute the quickspade forces across the whole bucket lip. One obvious way to do that is to weld a reinforcing strip (1/4 inch steel for example) across the bucket bottom but you could also stiffen the bucket with more temporary inserts too. I don't know how far into the bucket the quickspade goes and I don't know how the bucket version is held in place (mine uses chain to the forks carrier) so it is hard to know what you could get into the bucket as a temporary reinforcement. In theory, something as simple as a 4x4 (cutout to accommodate the quickspade) held in place by a bunch of C clamps would stiffen the lower lip so that the forces generated digging would not bend the bucket in the middle. Again, I don't think that a tractor like the B2620 is going to generate forces great enough to bend the bucket so this might be overkill. Were I in your shoes I would just try the quickspade on the naked bucket and use it gingerly at first while checking for any trouble. Your lift and breakout capacity are less than 1000lbs or so and I don't think you are likely to cause any harm.

/ Need a set of forks #50  
I would basically mount the quickspade to the bucket and then check to see what spacing and materials were available to reinforce the lower lip particularly. The idea here is that the quick spade will distribute the lifting force over a smaller portion of the lower bucket edge than regular digging would so you'd like to redistribute the quickspade forces across the whole bucket lip. One obvious way to do that is to weld a reinforcing strip (1/4 inch steel for example) across the bucket bottom but you could also stiffen the bucket with more temporary inserts too. I don't know how far into the bucket the quickspade goes and I don't know how the bucket version is held in place (mine uses chain to the forks carrier) so it is hard to know what you could get into the bucket as a temporary reinforcement. In theory, something as simple as a 4x4 (cutout to accommodate the quickspade) held in place by a bunch of C clamps would stiffen the lower lip so that the forces generated digging would not bend the bucket in the middle. Again, I don't think that a tractor like the B2620 is going to generate forces great enough to bend the bucket so this might be overkill. Were I in your shoes I would just try the quickspade on the naked bucket and use it gingerly at first while checking for any trouble. Your lift and breakout capacity are less than 1000lbs or so and I don't think you are likely to cause any harm.

Thanks again. I wanted to get the fork version of the Quick spade so I could dig deaper for plantings, transplants, etc... So this is my main concern is the reinformcement that may be needed w/ the clamp on forks. The basic bucket version although I am sure a good thing wouldnt really be saving me much digging if all I am going to get is 18" of depth, so this is why the clamp on forks set up would be the way to go for me.