Spreader Need a Spreader

/ Need a Spreader
Re: Need a Spreader or a trailer

I have been trying to find a 2 ton off the road dump wagon. I find 3000# and 5000# . The 3000# looks about the right size 48-50" wide 70-80 " long
12-18 high sides. I mostly want to move wood chips. Make the sides higher. The tree guys found me and I can get all I want. Trails 5-6 ' wide in solid woods.
So Pronovost has one , no cylinder , $3070 list local dealer. There is another one Mighty dumper John B M mfg. Dealers are 60-70 miles away and it is also Canadian as is Pronovost. Probably same price. I keep looking. King Kutter at TSC same thing $1800 with cylinder and hand pump. hmm say welds brake or brackets bend. I can fix them. I don't need the hand pump, maybe I can get it with out. Probably not. I may have a hand pump for sale.
1st picture is Pronovost then KK
The $1800 was last year

Attachments

• P503 pronovost 3000 lb 50 x 70.jpg
    P503 pronovost 3000 lb 50 x 70.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 157
  • King Kutter 1.5T-DT-XB.jpg
    King Kutter 1.5T-DT-XB.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Mighty Dumpers page 1.pdf
    403 KB · Views: 169
  • 129_0607_04_z+king_kutter_dump_trailer+lift_far_view (1).jpg
    129_0607_04_z+king_kutter_dump_trailer+lift_far_view (1).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 461
   / Need a Spreader #12  
If you already have trailer just a thought of something that i once saw and might be easier/cheaper especially if you only need it for 1 project

2 bearings and a rod attached to the back side of the trailer just below the loadbed.

Attached to this rod a strong tarp (as used on truck trailers) as wide as the loadbed and twice the lenght of the loadbed.

Put the tarp in the loadbed with the extra lenght running over the front side of the trailer.
load trailer

unload by driving the rod (manually, hydraulics?, ) and rolling the tarp onto the rod.

Its a cheapo variant of a rolling loadfloor as found on chip trailers here. Works for chips and firewood, probably also for anything else.

even cheaper is to have a tarp hanging out of the back of the trailer far enough that if you drive backwards the trailerwheels will drive on it. Just reverse and unload...

:D

/ Need a Spreader #13  
I have a McCormick-Deering 100 spreader in NE conn if you're interested.
No rot, everything works. Been in our garage for years. It could use a new tire, but other than that, it's plug and play.

Bill

/ Need a Spreader
Thanks Bill, I sent you a PM

/ Need a Spreader #15  
that price is a little steep considering i just bought 2 complete and i am using one of them for 650.00 i am going to restore 1 and sell the other

/ Need a Spreader #16  
but i doo ne a good place to get some part to replace the worn ones any ideas