Need a sure thing

/ Need a sure thing #11  
As someone who has snowblowed a 650ft driveway for 15 yrs, with a rear mount, I'd try the plow on the front. Then save up for a rearmount blower too. Learn the prices of a rearmount and look for a steal. Craigslist or wherever. my plans are to have a FEL mounted blade by next winter. Or, because my tractor is big enough, an inverted blower.

Now, you really want to dream-- Hound Dog Plow Blades

or--- Front Snowblower Mountings

Call and talk to them, they may have some year end deals

/ Need a sure thing #12  
I've seen many folks say not to put a plow on because of twisting the loader but really don't recall ever seeing it happen. If you have a good plow with a real trip edge like a Fisher then you should be good. I have one of these on my unibody Jeep with no issues and I hit things at a much higher speed than a tractor will. One other thing is you can make sure you build it properly so there is some give to the angle cylinders on the plow, maybe a valve that allows the blade to angle more when hitting something. I know that either angle cylinder on my truck will give if pushed hard enough on that side. It must be built into the hydraulics on Fishers.

/ Need a sure thing #13  
Been pushing w/blade for many years,far as pushing back snow bank all comes down to common sense.

Attachments

• 1A.JPG
    1A.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 3A.JPG
    3A.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 123
   / Need a sure thing
I'll be getting my ck35 next week. I wonder how hard it would be to mount the plow right on the frame. Not as convenient as the ssqa, but has to be safer. KubotainNH, I have an old wrangler yj, that I treat like a princess. I think a plow would kill that jeep.
The plow trip springs won't help with the side stress (twist) on the loader arms. The proportional valve between the two angle cylinders would help, but once they're maxed out, there is the stress is on the loader arms. I imagine that a 6' plow would be about the max. length.
How bout ***-end weight of the tractor when plowing, does it want to fishtail when heaping snow to the side? I suppose chains and about 750# of 3pt. ballast would help that.

/ Need a sure thing #15  
KubotainNH, I have an old wrangler yj, that I treat like a princess. I think a plow would kill that jeep.
The plow trip springs won't help with the side stress (twist) on the loader arms. The proportional valve between the two angle cylinders would help, but once they're maxed out, there is the stress is on the loader arms. I imagine that a 6' plow would be about the max. length.

Rust is the only thing killing my Jeep. The plow trips pretty easily (although loudly) and has tripped with just the corner hitting something. The angle prop valve having give is also a good thing. My plow is 6.5' and the thing is great for my drive, super tight turning radius. Sounds like you're nervous about adding a plow which is understandable for a new tractor. My Jeep is quickly nearing yard plow only usage. BTW, the plow frame is made for an XJ.

/ Need a sure thing #16  
Don't hesitate to put a plow on. Trip on the blade and the hydraulic bypass on the pistons you'll be all set.

/ Need a sure thing #17  
Also don't forget you opted for the shuttle not the hydro.. blowers and hydros go together like peas and carrots. Sometimes you have to go slower into deep snow than you lowest gear wants to go. You have to keep your RPM's up to blow snow, and now your are going too fast to feed the snow.. Hydro shines here because it can go from zero to max speed in the range and anywhere in between, gear cannot. In pushing snow, you typically go fast enough to throw the snow to the side, and your gear machine is not at a disadvantage here. I am not saying you cannot use a blower with the gear machine, people do, but it may not be optimum.

/ Need a sure thing #18  
Bent loader arms? I guess if you hit a tree at 10 mph they will bend? But I don't see how just plowing snow or pushing banks back with a 7 or 8' blade. I have been pushing banks back with a 8' snow box for 2 years with no issues. If digging and pushing out trees or using a bucket to dig with does not bend something I have a hard time believing snow/ice would be any harder on a FEL. I know people who could destroy a anvil so with a little common sense you should never have a issue. CJ

/ Need a sure thing #19  
Bent loader arms? I guess if you hit a tree at 10 mph they will bend? But I don't see how just plowing snow or pushing banks back with a 7 or 8' blade. I have been pushing banks back with a 8' snow box for 2 years with no issues. If digging and pushing out trees or using a bucket to dig with does not bend something I have a hard time believing snow/ice would be any harder on a FEL. I know people who could destroy a anvil so with a little common sense you should never have a issue. CJ

Yeah, I have done a lot of the things that people say to never do with a loader because it will bend your arms, I haven't bent any yet. But I guess somewhere there is someone that has, but you did say to use "common sense".. I think that is the magic factor. A lot of people don't. If I get a front snow blade it will be SSQA for me.

/ Need a sure thing #20  
As someone who has snowblowed a 650ft driveway for 15 yrs, with a rear mount, I'd try the plow on the front. Then save up for a rearmount blower too. Learn the prices of a rearmount and look for a steal. Craigslist or wherever. my plans are to have a FEL mounted blade by next winter. Or, because my tractor is big enough, an inverted blower.

Now, you really want to dream-- Hound Dog Plow Blades

or--- Front Snowblower Mountings

Call and talk to them, they may have some year end deals
Picked up my Hound dog snow plow blade this past weekend.I bought the skidsteer type 7ft. Med duty 7 ga. steel model with hyd. angle.This baby is STOUT,come on next winter.