Buying Advice Need advice....no fanboys

/ Need advice....no fanboys #11  
You really need a zero turn for mowing and a cut for property maintence.

I agree..A Zturn would be your best bet for the mowing...I mantain several "not fields, but not lawns" for my customers. My z's are the fastest way to get the job done. But it's easy for me to spend your money..lol. Have you looked for a used CUT? Good way to save some $$. Remember, a second rate dealer really hurts a first rate tractor. So shop for the dealer, as well as the tractor. Good luck....Oh..where in NY are ya? Im on the NY, MA line.....

/ Need advice....no fanboys #12  
I agree..A Zturn would be your best bet for the mowing...I mantain several "not fields, but not lawns" for my customers. My z's are the fastest way to get the job done. But it's easy for me to spend your money..lol. Have you looked for a used CUT? Good way to save some $$. Remember, a second rate dealer really hurts a first rate tractor. So shop for the dealer, as well as the tractor. Good luck....Oh..where in NY are ya? Im on the NY, MA line.....

lol, funny how many times I have made this very point. :drink:

/ Need advice....no fanboys #13  
i would look at an l3800 i think thats the right size for what you are asking on the tractor

/ Need advice....no fanboys
I worry that a zero turn would not work well on my property due to hilly nature. I am on the NY/PA border. Going to look at Kioti's some day this week. Interesting to me how the pricing changes so much to me weather you pay cash or finance??? Anyone else experience this?

/ Need advice....no fanboys #15  
Yep. Cash is king...especially for Kioti. Their money is expensive. I even did better lining up my own financing and writing a check rather than work with the dealer. The contrast is Kubota who seems to have an endless supply of cash and as such, does not seem to cut a good cash deal. Using their financing is a better way to go.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #16  
I have a Kubota 2320 with 60in mmm and it has done a very good job on my 7 acres. I will say now I wish I had something slightly bigger to use a 6 ft rear finish mower. I'd look at the Mahindra Max 25/28 as well.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #17  
In agreement with others, look at different brands for the proper fit, features and price. In general I prefer Kubota but can't handle the lack of position control on the Bxx20 Series, doesn't bother some though. Kioti, John Deere, Massey Ferguson etc. make good tractors.

My wife won't let a zero turn on the place, so I have no personal experience. Our renters however bought a couple of commercial grade John Deeres a few years ago to use on pond slopes etc and had to quit using them as they kept getting stuck on hillsides, poor handling etc. They went back to tractors and use the zero turns on their rather flat, slightly rolling lawns and ball field.

We will all disagree to some extent on "ideal" size, thing is lots of models will do it, some a bit better than others no noticeable difference.

Now if mowing was all I was going to do and could afford it, my "ideal" machine would be a Kubota F30/3680 4WD with 72" deck.:licking:

Good luck.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #18  
I worry that a zero turn would not work well on my property due to hilly nature. I am on the NY/PA border. Going to look at Kioti's some day this week. Interesting to me how the pricing changes so much to me weather you pay cash or finance??? Anyone else experience this?

The older Z's were hroible on hills. Some brands are better that others on hills. My toro's are the new G3 design the center of gravity is much lower. The G3 is a billy goat compared to the older modles. I do hills I would never go near with my older Z's. I feel safer on hills on my Z then on my JD3320.

/ Need advice....no fanboys #19  
I have a great Kubota dealer just 20 minutes away. I rent quite a bit of construction equipment and like their offerings better than most. That said, I don't like the tractors at all. They run fine, but the cockpits are either too small or too spread out, in other words, all of the stuff is in the wrong place for me. As far as the other big boys out there...I won't pay extra for green paint, but then I wouldn't buy a new blue tractor in the compact class either. Good luck on your hunt!

/ Need advice....no fanboys #20  
My Kubota ZG 20 did great on the hills, I kept a really steep ditch bank mowed with it, never felt to uncomfortable mowing hill and had no trouble with getting it stuck. As mowin said, the new are alot better. Kubota z mowers have a low center of gravity and a real wide stance. My 48" mower weighed 1100 pounds. The only thing it didnt like was soft ground, but all z mower are that way. Like Triple R stated, a F seris would be ideal. We keep talking about zero turns, I am gonna have to get me another. My wife really misses ours, that is always in your favor. LUTT