3-Point Hitch need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver #1  

jamangus

Tractor
S370D
My S370D came with a BH but no hitch. Can someone recommend a complete 3pt kit that will fit the Beaver? Or help me piece one together? (Since I've never had a hitch on the tractor, I'm not sure what length links etc will work.)

Also, since I'm starting from nothing, should I do cat0 or cat1? (Again, I'm not sure what spread fits.)

Info: I have a FEL, and I expect my primary implement will be a heavy box blade, for utility & ballast.

Thanks

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver #2  
Does the tractor have pins on the bottom of the transmission housing to mount the arms? If not, you will either have to get those pins, or fabricate a bracket to accept them. The same goes for the top link bracket on the tractor end.

I would recommend just purchasing this kit: Yanmar Tractor Parts: 3 POINT KIT - FREE SHIPPING! -

Edited to add: They also make longer arms with more offset, which may be preferable to you: http://www.hoyetractor.com/mm5/merc..._Code=HTE&Product_Code=LA-2775&Category_Code=

It will have everything already packaged, matched, and ready to go.

I would suggest Category I hitch parts. You can always put a bushing over Cat. 0 implements to step them up, but not the other way around.

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver
Does the tractor have pins on the bottom of the transmission housing to mount the arms? If not, you will either have to get those pins, or fabricate a bracket to accept them. The same goes for the top link bracket on the tractor end.

I would recommend just purchasing this kit: Yanmar Tractor Parts: 3 POINT KIT - FREE SHIPPING! -

Edited to add: They also make longer arms with more offset, which may be preferable to you: Yanmar Tractor Parts: Lift arm - 27.75 centers

It will have everything already packaged, matched, and ready to go.

I would suggest Category I hitch parts. You can always put a bushing over Cat. 0 implements to step them up, but not the other way around.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. If that kit fits without interference, I will just order it. Not sure on the arms.

You are correct...the tractor has no lower hitch bracket. The BH mounts are in it's place. I will fab something to work with both BH and 3PH. I think the lower mounting rods will need to be about 3" above, and 3" to the rear of the original location, probably not a problem.

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver #4  
The oem hitch does not fasten to the upper arms the same way the Yanmar hitch attaches. It will requires pins & probably drilling out the upper holes. I can supply an aftermarket kit, but it won't attach without modifications. I also have used OEM hitches.

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver #5  
I also have used OEM hitches.

This is the best solution, and avoids the trouble of having to make something fit. Thanks for the clarification.

Ok, so the Yanmar kit doesnt really fit. Ill contact Sheaffer for some more info.

Thanks

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver #7  
My S370D came with a BH but no hitch. Can someone recommend a complete 3pt kit that will fit the Beaver? Or help me piece one together? (Since I've never had a hitch on the tractor, I'm not sure what length links etc will work.)

Also, since I'm starting from nothing, should I do cat0 or cat1? (Again, I'm not sure what spread fits.)

Info: I have a FEL, and I expect my primary implement will be a heavy box blade, for utility & ballast.

Thanks
What loader/backhoe do you have?

What loader/backhoe do you have?

Johnson 24/710. I'm guessing they were "factory option", as the manuals show them on the beaver (?)

/ need advice on 3pt hitch for Satoh Beaver #9  
Ok, reason I asked is ours has a Blackhawk. Before buying our JD tractor, I needed to pull the backhoe in order to use 3pt. Saddle for bh is a pain to remove so I constructed a piece to attach to the saddle with lower pins. Draw back to my setup was it pushed the arms back a few inches and the pins weren't hard enough steel and so bent. But it only required 4 bolts to mount and unlike the normal one, I never had to fight to get everything lined up under there.

Ok, reason I asked is ours has a Blackhawk. Before buying our JD tractor, I needed to pull the backhoe in order to use 3pt. Saddle for bh is a pain to remove so I constructed a piece to attach to the saddle with lower pins. Draw back to my setup was it pushed the arms back a few inches and the pins weren't hard enough steel and so bent. But it only required 4 bolts to mount and unlike the normal one, I never had to fight to get everything lined up under there.

Yeah, Blackhawk is identical. Mine says Blackhawk, but manual is from Johnson. Four bolts, then drive away...my BH can be dropped in less than 5 minutes.

I'm considering selling the BH off the tractor, need to figure out what it's worth.