Box Scraper Need advice on a box blade issue.

/ Need advice on a box blade issue. #1  

Old Salty

Tractor
Mahindra 4025 4wd, Mahindra 4550B backhoe,
I purchased this box blade a couple of years ago and have used it successfully previously in leveling out a spot for an above ground pool and in gravel driveway repair (without scarifiers down), I am now having problems with the box rolling over on the three point hitch when I engage the ground with the scarifers down (even at the most shallow setting). I can get the box to return back (somewhat) to the working position by stopping the tractor and reversing, however now having a problem with the scarifers hitting the tire lugs when lifted to transport position. I have tried adjusting top link in both shortened and lengthened positions and have even attempted lowering and lifting lower arms. Thinking on maybe having the arms on the box blade itself welded to stop this (these are bolted together just below the top link mounting pin hole) but am open to suggestions. Money is tight at the moment so buying a new box blade is not an option. 0512201721_HDR.jpg0512201721.jpg

/ Need advice on a box blade issue. #2  
The bent side braces going up to the top link need to be straightened and reinforced.

/ Need advice on a box blade issue. #3  
So how long have those front vertical arms been bent like that? The ones from the bottom pins to the top link...

Basically, the arms on the box blade are bent all to **** and without the triangular integrity they provide the box blade will roll over every time.

If you look closely on mine, for example, the front arms create an upside down V shape with the trail arms supporting the box and creating a truss to keep the box blade from rolling when attached to the top link.

Yours are severely bent/damaged and need replaced. They sell replacements on the agrisupply website.IMG_20190604_160913.jpg

/ Need advice on a box blade issue. #4  
You might be able to take angle iron and cut off one side on each end and bend the other side so it fits in place of the badly bent pieces. Needs to be at least 2 inch wide and would say 1/4 inch thick.

Totally agree your problem is those bent arms.

/ Need advice on a box blade issue. #5  
The top link attachment hole needs to be back up higher. It got lowered when the arms got bent.

5ft-box-blade.jpg