Need Advice on Building Road

/ Need Advice on Building Road
You are building a house with no truck traffic , interesting .

Yeah, no heavy trucks until the house is started, which won't be for another year. And the part that will take on the heavy stuff is the first 100 feet, and I am thinking of beefing that up some. Going to talk to the paver guy before I start like someone suggested.

/ Need Advice on Building Road #22  
Looking at the area you want to do, it appears it could be fairly wet.... I would scrape off all sod and roots (organic material) and lay down 6-8" of 3" minus.... drive on it to compact it into the soil until flat/level good road bed.... then add 3" of 1 1/2" minus and compact.... Fabric under the 3" minus would insure a long life road bed....
Anything less than properly done, you will be wasting time and money as the road bed will disappear into the soil..... Especially when you start building, and heavy trucks need that road to travel on....

Dave

I second what Dave said. I did about 8"-12" of 3' minus on my 1200' driveway, I didn't use fabric. Once the 3" minus is compacted its like concrete. Its been 5 years and i have yet to top it with smaller material. I do get pot holes but that goes with any gravel driveway. Around the house i topped it with 1 1/4" stone i got sick of tracking in the silt into the garage.