Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator

/ Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #1  

mikedodd

Tractor
Kubota BX2360
I have a stand-alone 6KW generator powered by a Yanmar engine model L100V6EA1C1AA (Engine Number: M29254). It has worked fine since 2013, but now the 15-amp fuse between the battery and the ignition switch and regulator blows instantly when the key is turned to Ignition.

I traced-out the wiring diagram, and it appears the green wire from the switch to the regulator is shorted to ground. This wire is labeled IGN on the wiring diagram in my yanmar service manual.

Two pages in my service manual show two different Regulator numbers: RS5112 and RS2190. The RS5112 wiring diagram shows five wires to the regulator, and the colors are nearly identical to the wires on my regulator. The page with the RS2190 shows only four wires with different colors. It appears that one wire (yellow) from the regulator is for the Charge lamp (which i don't care about).

Question: I can not find an RSS5112 regulator to buy, but i see lots of other Yanmar regulators. Are these all pretty much the same? What differences are there? Charging current? Could i replace my RSS5112 with a different part? If so, what should I look for?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

--- Mike

/ Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #2  
My L100 manual comes up with 114399-77710 as a part number for the regulator. None of my poking around came up with your part numbers, which leads me to suspect that those numbers are part numbers from your generator manufacturer. Does the regulator have apart number on it?

Regardless, these are widely produced and reproduced. They are not complicated parts. I have seen them with three through six wires.

I would search for Yanmar L100 voltage regulator on your favorite parts sites and go from there. Personally, I would try to match the number of wires just to keep it simple.

All the best,

Peter

PS I recommend getting a Yanmar parts manual. It really helps for these engines. A service / workshop manual has additional details that can be helpful.

/ Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #3  
There's a 'pancake' alternator widely used on small Yanmar, Kubota, B&S, lots more. And only a couple of regulators to fit them all.

If it looks about the same, and the number of wires and the connector match, you've likely found the right one. $30 or less from Ebay or Amazon.

If Amazon, its likely returnable so you're risking nothing.

/ Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #4  
My L100 manual comes up with 114399-77710 as a part number for the regulator. None of my poking around came up with your part numbers, which leads me to suspect that those numbers are part numbers from your generator manufacturer. Does the regulator have apart number on it?

Regardless, these are widely produced and reproduced. They are not complicated parts. I have seen them with three through six wires.

I would search for Yanmar L100 voltage regulator on your favorite parts sites and go from there. Personally, I would try to match the number of wires just to keep it simple.

All the best,

Peter

PS I recommend getting a Yanmar parts manual. It really helps for these engines. A service / workshop manual has additional details that can be helpful.
I have lots of Yanmar L100 manuals for free. What one does he need?
- Parts Manuals
- Shop Manuals
- OPS and Maintenance Manuals

All on the YOTG,
1695692224285.png

/ Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #5  
I suspect #s 1, 4, 5, & 7 would be a good start, given that he has an L100V6E, and is using it in a fixed speed industrial use. (Manuals 7 & 8 look the same from here, but I did not download them.)

Thanks!

All the best,

Peter

/ Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #6  
I have a stand-alone 6KW generator powered by a Yanmar engine model L100V6EA1C1AA (Engine Number: M29254). It has worked fine since 2013, but now the 15-amp fuse between the battery and the ignition switch and regulator blows instantly when the key is turned to Ignition.

I traced-out the wiring diagram, and it appears the green wire from the switch to the regulator is shorted to ground. This wire is labeled IGN on the wiring diagram in my yanmar service manual.

Two pages in my service manual show two different Regulator numbers: RS5112 and RS2190. The RS5112 wiring diagram shows five wires to the regulator, and the colors are nearly identical to the wires on my regulator. The page with the RS2190 shows only four wires with different colors. It appears that one wire (yellow) from the regulator is for the Charge lamp (which i don't care about).

Question: I can not find an RSS5112 regulator to buy, but i see lots of other Yanmar regulators. Are these all pretty much the same? What differences are there? Charging current? Could i replace my RSS5112 with a different part? If so, what should I look for?

--- Mike
See the attached,

Attachments

• yanmar_l100_service_manual.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 76
   / Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #7  

--- Mike
see the 2nd attached,

Attachments

• YANMAR ENGINE L100V6C PARTS MANUAL 0CR10-G63100.pdf
    725.9 KB · Views: 63
   / Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #8  

--- Mike
see the 3rd attached,

Attachments

• YANMAR L48N L70N L100N OPERATION AND MAINTENCE MANUAL 0ALN0-RU0020.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 62
   / Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator #9  

--- Mike
See the 4th attached,

Attachments

• YANMAR INDUSTRIAL ENGINES L48V L70L L100V 0ALV0-EN0016.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
   / Need advice on regulator for Yanmar L100 10HP diesel generator
My L100 manual comes up with 114399-77710 as a part number for the regulator
Yes; now I see that in my Yanmar parts manual. (comment below)
None of my poking around came up with your part numbers, which leads me to suspect that those numbers are part numbers from your generator manufacturer. Does the regulator have apart number on it?
The part numbers I posted came from the Yanmar l100 complete maintenance manual.

All the best,

Peter

That's a big DUH for me! I have the parts manual and service manual as PDF files, but I didn't look in the parts manual, thinking the service manual had the info.

Once I opened the parts manual, I found the same 114399-77710 number you mentioned. So that's shat I'll search for. Thank you, Peter.

--- Mike