Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job

/ Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job #51  
AGRIMAN I know prices are down and its making me more anxious by the day. And no I'm not ready. Not even close. Still need to find a Tractor. Seem to be seeing better deals this month. Then got to bush hog, seed and put up a fence. I'm a lot of $ and work away. I want it and want it NOW but I got to believe God has a plan and it will all come together when He decides.

I'm with you brother. Put all you faith in God and his plan and doors will start to open. I'm a very blessed man and owe everything I have or will ever have to him.

/ Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job #52  
I'm with you brother. Put all you faith in God and his plan and doors will start to open. I'm a very blessed man and owe everything I have or will ever have to him.

Amen! The Lord will always provide. It's so amazing how he works!

/ Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job #53  
Beef_Today_-_Sept._17_2015.jpg

/ Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job
Nice chart roadhunter!

Took me awhile but I finally figured out a way to post pics of my new (to me) set up. Kubota 6800 w/FEL 900hrs with a new 7' Bush hog, 23' deckover trailer.I've had my 2500hd. Its coming to together. Need to make a little more $ and I'm buying hay equipment next. Financed the Tractor and trailer. Everything else is and will be paid cash.

/ Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job #59  
Thanks EVERYONE that has responded. what a great forum with great people. this has helped ALOT. looking at what everyone has posted; I have written everything down that I'm going to do BEFORE I buy anything. That will help for sure. Looking at everything that's needed I'm going to be very tight with my budget. take a look and tell me what I'm missing or if I'm wrong.
Baler--6k+-
mower--3k+-
rake---2k
tedder--2k
trailer--2.5k
wagon-3k
tarp storage-500

not needed but really needed
scrape--800
bush hog-800

All that NOT including the Tractor is $20,500+- for just implements. wow... but not too surprising. Am I missing anything? Is my pricing about right for good used equip. I believe it will be very hard to find a Good 50-60hp tractor with FEL for 10k though. Maybe I could bush hog and scrape till I get enough $$$ to buy everything idk.

Is anyone doing hay (that started up on your own) Making money at it?

***tried to edit on my phone and it deleted my last post***

In 2014 I bought 40 acres of field. I couldn't resist since it attached to 10 other acres I had and it was a half mile from where I live. I heeded a bigger tractor for my nursery business so I bought that about the same time, my 4610 MF. So I put a ton into a tractor. One can find some decent 100 HP tractors for half of what my new one was but with everything else I have to do I don't want to be wrenching in the near future and I had the money to but new. My 40 needed to be seeded in so I also bought a plow, disc, harrow and cultivator. These totaled $2,500. My JD round baler cost me $5,500. A NH disc mower was 6k and I found a nice NH side rake for $400. That puts me at 14k for the equipment. I haven't found a wagon yet, so I borrowed one to move bales off the field. So if you go 15-20k on the tractor that puts you in the mid 30,000 for equipment, unless you buy all junk that needs a ton of work as one of my neighbors did. All He does is wrench.

As I said I had to reseed mine and this year when that was factored in I made about $2 an hour. That doesn't include equipment costs, only fuel, seed, twine, etc. Last summer I also rented 15 acres across the road so I will have more next year to do. Haying is farming and I don't see you making a ton of money on it. You do it for the love of what you're doing is mostly what you get out of it. I'm making money with my nursery and using this farming as a place to keep my money from the IRS as best I can.

/ Need advice on starting up cattle and hay business/extra job #60  
Took me awhile but I finally figured out a way to post pics of my new (to me) set up. Kubota 6800 w/FEL 900hrs with a new 7' Bush hog, 23' deckover trailer.I've had my 2500hd. Its coming to together. Need to make a little more $ and I'm buying hay equipment next. Financed the Tractor and trailer. Everything else is and will be paid cash.
What part of NGA are you?