Box Scraper Need advice on Toothless Box Blade

/ Need advice on Toothless Box Blade #11  
I do wonder how that would work in Ozark rock.

Around here, people have been known to hire out back hoes to put in mail box posts.

Bucket Spade is a good tool....but maybe not that good.

/ Need advice on Toothless Box Blade #12  
Or maybe not! On their online submission, I offered this:

I just bought a Woods BSM72 Box Blade. I used it for the first time to clean up a forest trail. After 2 hours of work I found that I'd lost 4 of 6 teeth off the scarifiers. Is this normal? Is there any warranty expectations when the product fails on first use? Please let me know what remedy is available​

There was a fast response! And in its entirety:

They are crimped on teeth and hooking tree roots will pull them off.

So I guess I know all I need to know about Woods Equipment.
Bob

Buy something else? :confused3:

/ Need advice on Toothless Box Blade #13  
If you have a welder and a drill motor with some bits, I would drill out the dimple from the tooth with repeatedly larger bits till I got about a half inch hole on each side, beat it back on the scarifier shank till it is tight then plug weld the tooth to the shank completely filling the hole while making sure the weld metal tied into the shank side. That should hold it indefinitely. IF you should ever wear out a tooth, you just drill out the weld metal and slip it off.

I would go ahead and do the remaining shanks the same way while I was in the repair mode.

That is how my tips are installed on my LMC boxblade. They call them "changeable" and the technique used to change them is a grinder to the weld, slide a new tip on, hit the holes in the side with weld...

/ Need advice on Toothless Box Blade
Buy something else? :confused3:

"I doth protest too much, methinks."

I've owned this scratch of land for 5 years but only owned the tractor for a month or so. So I spent a lot of time with tractor envy watching what others can accomplish. And I've seen some pretty tore up box blades. So I thought I should really step up buying a BB so I'd only have to buy one.

6' foot blade, 6 scarifiers, 700 lbs, stout as could be, all USA made: I thought the Woods was top of the line. Certainly was in price! It did everything I was expecting for my size of tractor. So maybe I should just get over the toothless feature. As was said, I probably pulled them off backing up. Live & learn.

But when buying my next implement, there is no reason to look at Woods first given their dismissive response to my query.

Bob

/ Need advice on Toothless Box Blade #15  
is it just a tip that came off the shank?

yeah.. tack weld a tit on them.

/ Need advice on Toothless Box Blade #16  
I've lost shanks/scarifiers off box scrapers and never really thought much about it; maybe I need to check my LP out to see how they are attached. I've never owned a Woods box scraper, but we have had a Woods back blade for a lot of years and two rotary cutters without complaint, no local dealers here now though.