Tractor Sizing Need Advice on Tractor Size

/ Need Advice on Tractor Size #21  
Commish,
Keeping an open mind is the best thing you can do for yourself in the shopping process. Look and try out as many as you can. It's fun and a learning experience.

I had the same decision to make as you and I went with a Kubota L3010. That was 2 1/2 years ago. I'm in the hills of Southern Ohio. I went to the PT factory in Virginia and tried them out as well as the Big 3 in conventional tractors. I also looked at Cub Cadet and Steiner. Whiles its fun to see and try out all the equipment, it is a very hard decision to make when your spending so much on this type of purchase.

For your acreage and hills I would think a L series Kubota like I have would do an awesome job for you. Some dealers will bring a loaner model out to your place for you to try it out on your property. This would give you a much better idea of whether or not it will handle your hills as desired. After reading and over thinking the issue I was worried sick about whether any machine could handle my hills. Thanks to TBN wisdom I tried as many tractors as I could and went with what I was comfortable with. A PT probably would have worked for the chores I had in mind when I bought mine, but I'm extremely happy I got the heavier Kubota L3010. I have R4's on mine and it is very stable on my hills. R1's (Ag tires) would be better for road maint. and such, but I pull a RFM with mine also and needed something that wouldn't tear up the lawn. R4's are a good compromise in that situation.

Good luck in your shopping.

Moon of Ohio