Need advise from you guys

/ Need advise from you guys #1  

KenGod

Silver Member
Tractor
CK2610HST
As most of you know from my other thread (im loosing Faith) I have had well more then my share of problems with my ck20 and BH
I went to my dealer and talked with the owner the other day to resolve another problem, my brake pedal has rubbed down to the metal mesh on my fel hydro hose.
He said he would replace the line no charge, I went on by telling him all the problems I have had and that I dont blame you, you(the dealer) has been great to me. He said he was going to look into a few things and call me back

He called today and offered me the following,

trade in my 07' ck20hst incl the 2365bh, tractor now has 510 hours on it,
We will sell me a 07' ck30 hst w/ toothed fel w/ 2365 BH with both having just under 200 hours on it for a difference of $2500.

website, 4 pic down tag #1683
Hoover Tractor LLC.

I thought that it seemed like a pretty good deal, I have $17k in my ck20, I bought it used with 200 hours on it in 07'
so for the additional $2500 I jump up from a 20 to a 30, both hst, both with 2365 bh, the 30 has a tooth bucket, mine does not and im going from 510 hours to just under 200 hours.
Im not sure about the warranty, mine has a 4 year I would assume the ck30 being the same year has a 4 year as well, but is it transferable to me for the renaming.

bh question, will the 2365 on the ck30 be stronger then on the ck20? I am wondering this because I would believe the hydro system Is stronger then the 20.

Im not really sure what the differences are between the 20 and 30 other then 10 more horses

Any input would be great, good deal? whats the diff. from 20 to 30?

thanks
Ken

/ Need advise from you guys #2  
My two cents worth would suggest that you will gain some speed which probably will not really gain you anything, hydraulic pressure will be about the same so no more power, the only thing would be that the CK30 weighs more so you won't get thrown around as much and hopefully you'll have a more reliable tractor this time. I've only got 170+ hrs on my CK30HST so far with no troubles yet. Good luck on whatever works out for you.

Steve

/ Need advise from you guys #3  
My two cents is go for it. For $2500 difference your getting a larger tractor with fewer hours, more lift capacity both front and rear, more horsepower, more weight, and a tooth bucket. Sounds like a no brainer to me. (no insult intended)

/ Need advise from you guys #4  
My gut feeling is to go for it too. As it stands now, even if you have only a minor problem with your CK-20 you will wish you changed it for the 30.

The picture looks like it's in very good shape too.

You are right, your dealer has been very nice to you. Assuming you are not limited on space, a larger tractor is always nice.

Best of luck.

Jon

/ Need advise from you guys
i found this
anything missing?
real world difference?

CK20S HST CK25HST CK27HST CK30HST CK35HST
Engine
Type 3 cyl diesel 3 cyl diesel 3 cyl diesel
Gross Horsepower 21 hp 25 hp 28 hp 30 hp 34 hp
PTO Horsepower 15.5 hp 18.0 hp 20.5 hp 22.0 hp 26.5 hp
Displacement 56.6 inï½³ 79.3 inï½³ 85.0 inï½³ 91.5 inï½³ 100.5 inï½³
Transmission
Type hydrostatic hydrostatic hydrostatic
Ranges 2 3 3
No. of Speeds infinite infinite infinite
Travel Speed 0.1-9.3 mph 0.1-13.1 mph 0.1-13.1 mph
Hydraulics
Total Pump Flow 7.6 gpm 12.9 gpm 12.7 gpm 12.7 gpm
3-Point Hitch
Category Cat I Cat I Cat I
Lift Capacity 1109 lbs 1764 lbs 1764 lbs
Dimensions
Overall Length 105.7" 122.2" 122.2"
Overall Width 44.1" 54.6" 54.6"
Height (top of ROPS) 77.5" 96.8" 96.8"
Wheelbase 57.9" 66.1" 66.1"
Weight w/ag tires 1993 lbs 3109 lbs 3117 lbs 3142 lbs 3114 lbs

/ Need advise from you guys #7  
Will he let you demo the CK30 to see how it fits your needs? The 30 is heavy enough so that a trailer for the 20 might not carry the 30, so you might have some upgrading to do there.

wow sorry that chart is all messed up

/ Need advise from you guys #9  
The tractor pictured, tag #1683, is the original KL130 'cracking prone' style loader.

Don
==========

Good observation but not a big problem, Don. Just have the dealer see to it that the FEL has the repair kit. I have never heard of any problems with those loaders provided the repair plate is installed.

I don't think you will ever feel comfortable with your CK20. Here's your chance to move up a notch and start over with a newer tractor.

rim

I went down to the dealer this morning to look at the ck30, seems in nice shape, some rust on the fel arms, and the fel does have the repair kit on it for the cracking boom issue.

The dealer is bring it out for me to try for a few days,

I did notice a big difference in the bh controls, both are the 2365 but the one on the ck30 the controls are really tight in the neutral position, on mine when in neutral the control levels will actually touch each other, almost a full 2" circle of free play

edit:
I t just arrived and I noticed the bh is a 2375, the dealer thought it was a 2365 just like mine, looking at the spec its bigger, but i noticed in specs the 2375 (bucket digging force) is less then the 2365, seems strange the smaller bh has more force, although the dipperstick dig force is higher
going to try it now

Ken

Last edited: