Need an aircraft engine?

/ Need an aircraft engine? #1  

LarryD

Veteran Member
Tractor
TC33D
I was sent to this website as a means to bid on some government boats that will be coming up for auction.

This could be a very dangerous place but after seeing a listing for a KC-135A aircraft engine, I just knew that some of the folks at TBN just might have to own this thing. 4000hp, would that pull a 6' brush hog?

web page
Gov. Liquidators Web Site

LOTS of other stuff for sale also .

/ Need an aircraft engine? #2  
INTERESTING, WHAT qualifications does one need to bid and purchase?

no, not the jet engine, other stuff.

/ Need an aircraft engine? #3  
I'm thinking I could use an engine like this for a standby generator. Just a little modification...

/ Need an aircraft engine? #4  
The minimum bid is $35, for a $120k engine! LOL.

/ Need an aircraft engine? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The minimum bid is $35, for a $120k engine! LOL. )</font>

Your Tax Dollars At Work.

/ Need an aircraft engine? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Your Tax Dollars At Work. )</font>

Yeah, but under condition it is listed as "H7" or:

Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; Type I shelf life material that has passed the expiration date, and Type II shelf life material that has passed the expiration date and cannot be extended. NOTE: Classify obsolete and excess material to its proper condition before consigning to the DRMO. DO NOT classify material in supply condition H unless it is truly unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria

/ Need an aircraft engine? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Your Tax Dollars At Work. )</font>

Yeah, but under condition it is listed as "H7" or:

Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; Type I shelf life material that has passed the expiration date, and Type II shelf life material that has passed the expiration date and cannot be extended. NOTE: Classify obsolete and excess material to its proper condition before consigning to the DRMO. DO NOT classify material in supply condition H unless it is truly unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria )</font>

So it is likely a WHOMPING BIG paper weight? Or the coolest yard ornament in the neighborhood?

/ Need an aircraft engine?
I once saw a paint booth sold as unserviceable due to the fact it no longer met EPA requirements for that particular operation.
A guy who liked to restore old furniture snapped it up and uses it. So is "seviceable" an abstract term?

/ Need an aircraft engine? #9  
It may not be appropriate for use in the air. So like I said, perfect for my generator project. No, wait. I have a even better idea: Hovercraft lawn mower. It would never be more than a couple of inches off the ground. (Unless I design it wrong.)
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Need an aircraft engine? #10  
back in my airboat days we would get ground power units that were listed the same way some had great motors (0470 contintals) and bad gen heads others looks like the just came off the self and others had rods out the side but I can't recall getting but one that was unrepairable.