Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP!

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP! #1  

oelboxer

Tractor
Ford 1500
I need a barn built on a nice flat piece of land in Columbia County, NY. The problem is I am having a terrible time trying to figure out who should build it and what it will cost me. I can't do it myself (which burns me, but that's a different story) so I have to find an outfit to do it. My research has been all over the board with the info. If anybody here is in NY and has had something built, I'd really appreciate any info, contacts, etc. they could offer. Even advice would be gladly accepted.
Thanks in advance -- Matt

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP! #2  
Welcome to TBN Matt.

I can't help with any names, but I will ask some basic questions that everyone is going to ask.
How big of Barn? What will it be used for? What style of barn? Heated? Cement floor?
Just to name a few.

Wedge

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP!
Wedge -- Thanks for the reply. We are looking at these specs (loosely):

- 30x50
- concrete floor
- single overhead door
- insulated/heated (but not radiant floor)

Style: As basic as possible
Use: Shop

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP! #4  
Call Ray Martin at 315-587-9836. He does work all over the place and is located a little east of Syracuse. My parents had him rebuild a foundation of and reside a barn. He did a great job for significantly less than others were asking.

Aaron Z

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP! #5  
Most of the major barn companies work all over. Morton for one is almost everywhere and well respected. If you are looking for a "turn key" deal, grading, electric's, heat, concrete and building, you are most likely best off looking local.

MarkV

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP! #7  
Most of the major barn companies work all over. Morton for one is almost everywhere and well respected. If you are looking for a "turn key" deal, grading, electric's, heat, concrete and building, you are most likely best off looking local.

MarkV

Morton has done a pretty good job of pricing themselves out of the market in the Northeast.

/ Need Barn Built in Upstate New York! HELP!
Morton has done a pretty good job of pricing themselves out of the market in the Northeast.

That seems to be the consensus. I've heard that their product is "superior" but that can be pretty subjective depending on what you're using for comparison. Thanks.