Need Cub loboy 185 pto bearing

/ Need Cub loboy 185 pto bearing #1  

nepa

Silver Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi 180D, Jinma 284 sold, Kubota BX2660, IH Cub, Case 580CK, Minneapolis Moline 4 Star (sold), TYM 574, Furukawa FX-040
I bought this 185 lo boy as a project for the winter. It had broken belts from the engine fly wheel to the pto driving shaft. After replacing the belts and starting the engine, there is a terribly loud noise from that area. I think that the bearing in the assembly that adjusts belt tension is bad. Can anyone give me a part number for that specific bearing? Thanks.

/ Need Cub loboy 185 pto bearing #2  
Open this link to the Case/IH online parts store. Case IH | 185 - Cub Loboy Gas Tractor | MyCNHi US Store I've got it as far as the main page. Select "O4 Drivetrain. Another window will open with multiple function groups. Scroll down and look at "07-16 Drive Train Independent Power Take off" Select that and a larger exploded view will appear showing part description and OEM part number to the right.

If it is the self-aligning bearing just ahead of the pulley & belts, click on part number that in the parts column to the right (#7 I believe). Another window will open showing description and price ($56.42). That price "should" be the same at any Case/IH dealer in the lower 48. Keep in mind I'm doing this on a PC, which I find a LOT more easier than trying to search on my smart phone. Case IH | BALL BEARING | 549165R91 | MyCNHi US Store

You can also copy & paste the part number and search for aftermarket, or surplus parts. I did it for giggles and did see a surplus IH NOS one on ebay. Choose your poison.

I started you out on the main page so you can select any function group on your tractor from the menu at left in case you need anything else. It may, or may not show a part since they gutted parts pages a few years back limiting it to just what Case/IH carries in stock. Main castings such as transmission case, final drives etc. may have been removed. But it sure was nice when looking for those parts, just to get the part number to look for used, or in salvage yards.

Since they've done that I've resorted to buying hard copy parts manuals for my older tractors to find those part numbers. Depending on whether you intend to keep it or not might not be a bad idea to find one. You can usually find them reasonable on ebay, or at tractor swap meets. If you plan to flip it, it would be an added value item to a new owner.

/ Need Cub loboy 185 pto bearing
Open this link to the Case/IH online parts store. Case IH | 185 - Cub Loboy Gas Tractor | MyCNHi US Store I've got it as far as the main page. Select "O4 Drivetrain. Another window will open with multiple function groups. Scroll down and look at "07-16 Drive Train Independent Power Take off" Select that and a larger exploded view will appear showing part description and OEM part number to the right.

If it is the self-aligning bearing just ahead of the pulley & belts, click on part number that in the parts column to the right (#7 I believe). Another window will open showing description and price ($56.42). That price "should" be the same at any Case/IH dealer in the lower 48. Keep in mind I'm doing this on a PC, which I find a LOT more easier than trying to search on my smart phone. Case IH | BALL BEARING | 549165R91 | MyCNHi US Store

You can also copy & paste the part number and search for aftermarket, or surplus parts. I did it for giggles and did see a surplus IH NOS one on ebay. Choose your poison.

I started you out on the main page so you can select any function group on your tractor from the menu at left in case you need anything else. It may, or may not show a part since they gutted parts pages a few years back limiting it to just what Case/IH carries in stock. Main castings such as transmission case, final drives etc. may have been removed. But it sure was nice when looking for those parts, just to get the part number to look for used, or in salvage yards.

Since they've done that I've resorted to buying hard copy parts manuals for my older tractors to find those part numbers. Depending on whether you intend to keep it or not might not be a bad idea to find one. You can usually find them reasonable on ebay, or at tractor swap meets. If you plan to flip it, it would be an added value item to a new owner.
Thanks DJ. You are right on. 549165R91 is the bearing that I want.

/ Need Cub loboy 185 pto bearing #4  
Glad to help, but don't envy you changing it out. Looks like a bear to replace.