Need FORD ID Help

/ Need FORD ID Help #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
A Neighbor has an old FORD Tractor she wants to"Get Rid Of" and I may be able to pick it up cheap, really cheap, like $500 Cheap... heres the lowdown.
It's been sitting for 7 years OUTSIDE, Engine is NOT Seized up. It "Ran when it was parked" but her Husband wanted a New Kubota and so the FORD Got Parked. That is ALL I am told about it.
I know Nothing about FORDS and I only Found one on line that looks exactly like it, which says it's a model 2110
If Nothing Else, I figure the Tires are Worth that Much and I'm sure other parts also have good resale value too... Am I right about that? It might very well be a keeper if it runs but I don't need a Pile of Scrap Metal with a FORD emblem on it either so I'm Hesitating. The #'s on the tag make No sence when I search them, nothing comes up t all. No Other Tags anywhere on it. The Yellow Paint makes me think it's a Commercial Tractor?? Again... I Know NOTHING about FORDS.
Any input, thoughts, advice etc, , Year, Model , Worth ??? would be greatly appreciated.
Should I Jump on DSCN3103 (2).jpgDSCN3103 (2).jpg it ? YES or NO?
Thanks for any info you can post. DanO'

Attachments

• DSCN3107 (2).jpg
    DSCN3107 (2).jpg
    6 MB · Views: 618
  • DSCN3136 (2).jpg
    DSCN3136 (2).jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 345
  • DSCN3106 (2).jpg
    DSCN3106 (2).jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 382
  • DSCN3110 (2).jpg
    DSCN3110 (2).jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 723
  • DSCN3138 (2).jpg
    DSCN3138 (2).jpg
    6 MB · Views: 323
   / Need FORD ID Help #2  
I don't have model code info at home here but I'm thinking its a late 1972 4110 which would be very, very similar to the 2110 you found but with several more HP. The D in the model code is the giveaway. The remote valve, hoses & couplers are worth the $500. I'd be all over it.

/ Need FORD ID Help #3  
I'd buy it for parts if nothing else at that price, as said above the valve is worth that, back tires too.

You need to check the numbers stamped right above the starter and compare to the hood numbers

the hood info
model-
4110 LCG ( low center of gravity)
gas engine
live 540 pto
tranny is a 8x2

date code built 1972 Sept 26 second shift

concerns - it's doen't look like a LCG, they usally are down really low to ground, but this could have been chainged, and the "0" at the end of model # is odd, but shift decal shows 8x2
the hood could have been chainged as it's a yellow tractor, usally meaning it belonged to a government or commercial business.

Me? i'd get it if $500 - 1000 would buy it, but I'd be checking those secondary numbers to rally know what it is.

/ Need FORD ID Help #4  
I'd buy it for parts if nothing else at that price, as said above the valve is worth that, back tires too.

You need to check the numbers stamped right above the starter and compare to the hood numbers

the hood info
model-
4110 LCG ( low center of gravity)
gas engine
live 540 pto
tranny is a 8x2

date code built 1972 Sept 26 second shift

concerns - it's doen't look like a LCG, they usally are down really low to ground, but this could have been chainged, and the "0" at the end of model # is odd, but shift decal shows 8x2
the hood could have been chainged as it's a yellow tractor, usally meaning it belonged to a government or commercial business.

Me? i'd get it if $500 - 1000 would buy it, but I'd be checking those secondary numbers to rally know what it is.

I disagree with your assessment of LCG status; I believe it is, providing the rear tires are 24" diameter. looks to have short front spindles, but not original 10" front tires found on most but not all LCG Fords. Model info stamped in the clutch housing only proves what the transmission was originally bolted into.

/ Need FORD ID Help #5  
Very possible, was simply an observation, it does have a "squat" look, but pictures are deceiving, it is a 40+ year old tractor after all and may have been through several "changes", if it were here never the less, for that money it would already be at my house

/ Need FORD ID Help #6  
Very possible, was simply an observation, it does have a "squat" look, but pictures are deceiving, it is a 40+ year old tractor after all and may have been through several "changes", if it were here never the less, for that money it would already be at my house

I kind of agree. It's close enough to me that I might pick it up if I knew exactly where it sits. But I'm kinda over the 3 cylinder gas engine, and am more into getting rid of stuff than collecting more...............
My 4000 was born with a gas engine, and its best day was when I fired up the 1984 diesel engine now bolted between the radiator & clutch.

/ Need FORD ID Help
UPDATE : Thanks for all the info Guys, I really appreciate it very much. Didn't want to waste any more of your time until I knew for sure if the deal was a Go... transport was the only sticking point and Good News is , it's a Done Deal. $500 Delivered to my door! Can't beat that.
Hope to get her home this week. I will be posting more pics and video of her asap. If there is any specific place that I can look for ID #'s or any other specific indentifying items, please let me know.
Again, Thanks a Lot. DanO'

/ Need FORD ID Help #8  
Nice. Great purchase.

If you are going to turn it into a reliable tractor you are going to put a couple thousand into it. And if you do, you'll still have a cheap tractor.

Post your progress on here. Lots of free intelligence and experience here. There's not a single part for that tractor that a TBN member can't tell you where to buy at the cheapest price. :)

/ Need FORD ID Help
UPDATE : I Just Posted an Update to This FORD TRACTOR in the Vintage FORD Section as well..
I Really Need to know the Model & Year of this Tractor to get Parts and Manuals.. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

Just Got Her Home, so here is a Close Up Walk Around Video
HELP ID FORD TRACTOR - YouTube

/ Need FORD ID Help #10  
Like was said above, if the numbers are right -

model-4110 LCG
date built 1972 Sept 26 second shift