Need hearing aid advice.

/ Need hearing aid advice. #21  
My wife is a retired Navy Captain so we get the majority of our health care at the Naval Hospital. Recently she had a hearing issue and we got a consult to the hospital audiologist. I wear custom hearing aids that cost over $4,000 at an outside audiologist.

I found out that my cost at the hospital for the exact same aids would be $900.

Talk about a markup scam.

/ Need hearing aid advice. #22  
Anyone has Phonak Audeo? What are the pros/cons? Appreciate
Also what is your opinion about teleaudiology? Do you think hearing issues can be solved online or that is absolutely not possible? Curious if someone actually tried that before?

Last edited:
   / Need hearing aid advice. #23  
I have Phonaks and absolutely love them. Best aids I've ever had. I have very significant loss with completely different Hz loss in each ear. These hearing aids make hearing like I could 30 years ago. I can't use the rechargables so the biggest con for me is battery life. These things eat batteries when using them for TV watching on Bluetooth. Aside from that, no cons.

/ Need hearing aid advice.
Got my Wydex Hearing Aids last night. I did exactly what I swore I would not do. Got them at the first place I went to.

Guy was an excellent salesman. He didn't go into a sales pitch, he simply showed me what the aids could do and set up a test set with his computer equipment. I started complaining about them having a clicking noise in them and he started laughing. It was the fan on the computer sitting under his desk. The adjustments I can make on my I-phone are what finally sold me. My wife is tickled pink with them, we watched TV last night with the volume turned down to a comfortable setting and not blaring loud enough that the neighbors can hear it.

RSKY

/ Need hearing aid advice. #25  
They are amazing. The tech has gotten 10 fold better in the last 10 years. I do the same things, hear something that I don't know what it is only to find out it is some everyday noise that I haven't heard in 30 years.