Need Help!!! 3 Point Arms Joystick Controller bad Shibaura sd1840 Tractor

/ Need Help!!! 3 Point Arms Joystick Controller bad Shibaura sd1840 Tractor #1  

mwdjr

Tractor
1957 Shibaura SD1840
Hello all! Im new here... Im trying to find someone who can help me solve an issue with my Joystick Controller that controls the up & down on the 3 point arms. As you can see from the pics mine is worn out. Im confused as to how this controller even worked before because no hydralic lines connect anywhere to the controller. They only way that I can use the 3 point arms is to bypass the controller and push the 2 buttons on the back of the hydraulic assembly. Does anyone know where I can find a controller? What type of controller can I use to replace mine? Is one similar on the ford or New Holland Tractors? Aftermarket? Any help here is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Mike

Attachments

• IMG_6532.JPG
    IMG_6532.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6534.JPG
    IMG_6534.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6535.JPG
    IMG_6535.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6536.JPG
    IMG_6536.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6537.JPG
    IMG_6537.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
   / Need Help!!! 3 Point Arms Joystick Controller bad Shibaura sd1840 Tractor #2  
Can’t say with certainty, but it looks like your controller is all electric, potentiometer handle, and you have electric solenoid actuators. The “buttons” are the end of you solenoid rods and you push them in to simulate the coil actuating.

I have no idea where you would track down spare parts.

/ Need Help!!! 3 Point Arms Joystick Controller bad Shibaura sd1840 Tractor
Can’t say with certainty, but it looks like your controller is all electric, potentiometer handle, and you have electric solenoid actuators. The “buttons” are the end of you solenoid rods and you push them in to simulate the coil actuating.

I have no idea where you would track down spare parts.
Thank you for the reply. Can you tell me what you mean by "coil actuating". I noticed that before my controller stopped working that those knobs had to be in a certain position before my 3 point would go up & down. I dont understand how they impact or affect it. Thanks for the help.

/ Need Help!!! 3 Point Arms Joystick Controller bad Shibaura sd1840 Tractor #4  
When current runs through the coil on a solenoid, a magnet is field is generated which pushes on a metal rod in the center, and operating the valve. Your “buttons” are the end of that rod, and you are moving it by hand. To actuate whatever your valve has in to regulate the hydraulics.