Need help choosing a new Kubota mower

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #31  
Sounds about like a builder lol

That one short swipe beside the tank is nothing compared to how much time it will save you :ROFLMAO:

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower
Picked it up and brought it home yesterday. I didn't get more than 5 minutes to play with it last night, but I got the hang of driving it pretty quick, got it on and off the trailer no problem, mowed a few passes in thick grass and it did not bog down AT ALL. I think I'll be happy. I'll give it a real test this weekend.

Thanks again for all the advice.

F0E82587-A9BA-4E6D-92B1-EBD692A7FF80.jpeg

18AA6C98-3179-422D-ABE5-21FEEE8AC8B6.jpeg

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #33  
Nice, keep us informed as to how it goes.

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #34  
...........snip...........

My dream option would be a 4x4 Kubota F series, but I need to keep this somewhere around 10k, maybe 15k for something that would last many years. So a new F is out of my price range, and I haven't been able to snag a used one in my area for a decent price.

......snip.......

With $10 - 15k budget you should be able to get Kubota F 4x4 model if you take your time and are prepared to delay purchase until you find one.
Be prepared for some rebuilding in high hour F (IE. something over 2000 - 3000 hours), but they are worth it.

They are built for commercial use wear & tear.

IMG_5561.JPG

Above is my 3700 hour F and it came close to $10k by the time everything was overhauled (good thing my labor was free).

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower
I would have loved a used F series if one showed up, but I'm happy with the Z422 I ended up with with for the price and near zero time investment, as saving time was the whole goal. The suspension seat is great, and it mows very quick. 3 times mowing the yard and I'm well under my 1 hour mow goal, 1.8 hours on the meter and that includes some time screwing around and playing with it, so it should last me lot of years at that rate. I'm now looking at extending the yard fence to claim more mowing with the zero turn vs pasture mowing with the flail :)

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #36  
ZD1211 as mentioned (y);)

Fluid fill the rear tires for traction & ride.

Find you a real low hour used unit & Don't settle for anything less :ROFLMAO:

I’ve bought 3 72inch ZD’s with Kubotas 0% lol
I'm getting close to needing to replace my JD GT275. I have just one acre to mow, with a significant drainage easement through the front, and a fairly steep hill in the back. I also have a BX25D, which I got the 54" mower for when I bought it, but I've never used the mower with all the obstacles I have. I feel like it's too much machine for mowing and too heavy.

Been looking at the Kubota Z242KW-48 and the Z412KW-48, mainly due to the fact that I love the Kubota quality. Now I'm getting into the same ballpark as a JD X570-48 lawn tractor.

I feel like once I get past the learning curve, the zero turn should be more efficient. The question remains, would it be safe and efficient on the hills.

Would filling the tires on the 200 or 400 series be an option to improve traction? I have the tires filled on my BX to allow better loader capability.

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #37  
I wouldn’t fluid fill any zero with hydraulic pump motors at wheels as it would probably kill them plus it robs power bad on small HP mowers climbing hills.

But it makes a HUGE difference for traction, stability & ride imo

Last edited:
   / Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #38  
I wouldn’t fluid fill any zero with hydraulic pump motors at wheels as it would probably kill them plus it robs power bad on small HP mowers climbing hills.

But it makes a HUGE difference for traction, stability & ride imo

An important point and I would add that tractors are designed knowing that fluid filled tires are going to be used but that isn't true for typical ZTR designs. So when you hit a "terrain feature" that suddenly causes that weighted tire to generate high stress on the rest of the machine you may expensively find out where the weak points in the castings are located.

Rodger

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #39  
I've read all the posts about rough riding mowers here and wondered, doesn't anyone roll their lawn anymore? My lawn started out as a very rough hay field. A heavy roller on moist ground can make mowing a much smoother ride.

/ Need help choosing a new Kubota mower #40  
I was going to do my best to aerate my my lawn any day now, but maybe we should run this first.

Roller.png