Need help finding a good lawn tractor??

/ Need help finding a good lawn tractor?? #51  
I have seen a lot of good advice here. In just looking at some of the messages, I have not seen much on the snow plowing aspect. IMHO, a lawn tractor suitable to cut just an acre, may be ok for dry, powdery snow but not for anything heavier. I'd talk to the neighbors and find out what works for them. If the ATV works for snow, I'd keep it. My very limited experience with snow says you may want a walk-behind or tractor mount snow blower.

/ Need help finding a good lawn tractor?? #52  
I have the snow blower, weights and chains for my 682, and the setup works well despite it being 25+ year old equipment, the 682 is a heavy GT with shaft hydro. But honestly, the snow blower will probably no longer be used. To have to take the deck off, mount the blower and put the weights and chains on is not worth the trouble in my case where I have a 200' driveway. We have 4 WD vehicles that can run right over the snow, and if it gets too deep a buddy of mine will plow the driveway. I would not invest in a blower for a smaller lightweight LT as the snow equipment would cost as much as the tractor itself and probably not perform too good with a small belt drive hydro, a good walk behind would be a better investment.

-Fordlords-

/ Need help finding a good lawn tractor?? #53  
As usual I agree with you. I would not even consider putting the blower on mine.

Dean