need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600

/ need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600 #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
have been told to look for a 1/4 plug on the right side by running board.. only one I see is on the trans housing.. which I ?assume? is for the trans.. yet my trans has a dipstick in the top. don't see a plug on the center housing.. do see the cover for the hyd pump.. is the plug there?

any help would be appreciated.

soundguy

/ need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600 #2  
It could be either a square head, or socket head plug. It could be on the hydraulic pump, or the cover plate if there isn't a pump installed, or on the center housing below the lift speed valve.

/ need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600
looks like part 9/9a above the pump.. will take a look when i get home.

thanks

soundguy

/ need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600 #5  
Just don't do like I did and pull the bolt holding the intake filter out thinking it is an overflow and then spend the next three hours pulling the center apart to get the filter back in place:ashamed:

i found the lil inverted hex plug above and aft of the pump.. took looking at the diagram and scraping off some grease and crud to find it.. but I found it..

/ need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600 #7  
Did it come out? They love to round out.

yes and yes.

it was rounding and the hex socket bit I was using was just slipping around when the plug broke free and turned... can't even pluu the hex key out.. :) meaning it gets a new square headed plug after I pull it out.

inverted hex has to be one of the wort plug ideas.. next to inverted square.. :)

soundguy

/ need help locating diff/hyd level plug on my 4600 #9  
Oh, that explains a lot, I was not looking for an inverted plug, only a square stickin out plug, I'll have to give it another look, bet ill find her now!!

that reminds me.. i need to hit the hardware store and pick up some spare plugs.. that stripped invert ain't going back in there. :)

I know some other owner might try to force it back in though.. :)

soundguy