Need Help! on Gresen control valve

/ Need Help! on Gresen control valve #1  

parluskq

Bronze Member
Tractor
honda 5013
I have a older 75 terramite and am working on the hydraulics. My front end loader is strong but the backhoe is weak. I decided to check my pressure relief valve and found that the spring is broken(picture below) . I have searched the internet for days trying to find a replacement spring with no luck. The only info i can find on the control valve is that its a gresen 2702 (picture below). I tried calling parker and that couldn't help me without a part number. 2702 means nothing to them. Does anyone know what model this valve is? or where i can find a replacement spring??

spring delete.jpg
9117001716_Gresen_2702_(SP_2-spool).jpg

/ Need Help! on Gresen control valve #3  
Can you not grind off the defect and screw the nut down to increase the pressure.

Maybe you can use a relief spring from a similar valve.

Do you know what the relief pressure is supposed to be.

/ Need Help! on Gresen control valve #4  
If the wire size and O.D. of the spring are same as yours, I would get it and cut that one down. If you grind the old one flat there would be a chance the relief valve not open all the way, because the travel would be short. If that happens psi could keep building and blow hoses.

/ Need Help! on Gresen control valve #6  
That should get him the spring, good info there.

/ Need Help! on Gresen control valve
I first tried to weld the spring back together, didn't hold up. Then i tried to grind the bigger part down flat and screw the pressure stem in but there wasn't enough adjustment. I am not sure what the pressure is supposed to be on this backhoe. When i was testing it out yesterday I found something that confused me even more. if i leave the front bucket off the ground the backhoe has enough power to pick the rear end of the machine off the ground, but if i put the front bucket on the ground and lift the front wheels it doesn't. not sure if that has to do with physics or hydraulics

Last edited:
   / Need Help! on Gresen control valve #8  
Did you look at that link?

Leejohn, you are awesome... the relief valve is actually listed on page 15!!!!!

Thanks again for the help, everyone. The part number for the spring is 1212-001 as soon as the people from parker gets back from lunch I am going to see if it is still available. I am hoping that will fix a lot of my problems.