Need help removing rusted up nut!

/ Need help removing rusted up nut! #21  
Anchor work piece, you may need to reattach equipment to tractor. Break out the 1" drive breaker bar, add one six foot or longersection of pipe, apply heat until the nut is cherry red and then apply pressure. Nut will turn. If nut stops turning repeat above procedure. If the pipe starts to bend the breaker bar stop unless you have the next larger size breaker bar. You will need to cut the nut off. If you are not famiar with a cutting torch then find somebody that is and have them cut the nut off. I had the same problem with my Bush Blade bolts and had to take bush hog mounted to tractor to a welding shop and pay $25 for him to heat nuts.

/ Need help removing rusted up nut! #22  
I thought it was against the law to pay to have your nuts heated.

/ Need help removing rusted up nut! #23  
Probably a good thing. If you have to heat the nut cherry red and apply in excess of 1000 FT LBS of torque to get the nut off the shaft, the nut thread and the shaft thread are too damaged and beyond repair.

/ Need help removing rusted up nut! #24  
Just wondering how the Old Time Farmers would have removed a seized nut???:)

/ Need help removing rusted up nut! #25  
Is it a left hand thread? Some of my windmill shafts have perplexed their previous owners until I show them how easy it is to tighten it up ! They have opposite cut threads and hubs.

this is where I would start. also you can use a mixture of acetone and tranny fluid. Spray it on repeatly for a day or so and then give it a couple of good smacks with a 6lb hammer. Hit it on all faces of the nut, then forward and reverse on an impact 1" is the miminum drive I would use. Just my .02

/ Need help removing rusted up nut! #26  
Talking about farmers in the old days they used a hammer and a cold chisel. Dad said his father often kept things covered and every nut and bolt well oiled. Also they used square nuts to give more surface area to pull with.

I often heat problem nuts with a torch. I have Ingersol Rand Impacts from 3/8 to 1 inch. On skidder rims we I have had to heat the nut on some rims as the nut is behind the valve stem gaurd. Ive broken 3.4 drive breakers on them. I will keep water in the rim to keep it cool but heat the nut up and take it off with a 1/2 inch bar.