Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating

/ Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating #1  

firel7

Tractor
kubota B7500
I have a Kubota B7500 and i Just had to replace an Upper 3 point hitch arm. While doing this repair I had to remove the Upper portion of the valve block. I was able to keep the valve attached to the block and replace as it was previous( as far as I could tell anyways). well now when operating the tractor I have noticed a restricted flow sound when the valve lever is in the float position? If I move the lever just slightly rearward the sound stops. There is no flow problems as far as I can tell when in the hold position or when raising. The flow is restricted enough that I can actually feel it in the power steering. I was wondering if anyone had a possible obvious solution?
The tractor has 500 hours on it and I just changed the hydraulic fluid at 400 hrs so I would not think that to be a problem however I guess I couldn't rule out th possibility of debris entering following or during the repair however I think it is probably unlikely and would prefer to look at other avenues first. I would hate to try changing fluid only to find that that is not the problem ( I really tend to doubt it is) and then have to open it up and do it again.

Any suggustions would be greatly appreciated.

/ Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating
I have a Kubota B7500 and i Just had to replace an Upper 3 point hitch arm. While doing this repair I had to remove the Upper portion of the valve block. I was able to keep the valve attached to the block and replace as it was previous( as far as I could tell anyways). well now when operating the tractor I have noticed a restricted flow sound when the valve lever is in the float position? If I move the lever just slightly rearward the sound stops. There is no flow problems as far as I can tell when in the hold position or when raising. The flow is restricted enough that I can actually feel it in the power steering. I was wondering if anyone had a possible obvious solution?
The tractor has 500 hours on it and I just changed the hydraulic fluid at 400 hrs so I would not think that to be a problem however I guess I couldn't rule out th possibility of debris entering following or during the repair however I think it is probably unlikely and would prefer to look at other avenues first. I would hate to try changing fluid only to find that that is not the problem ( I really tend to doubt it is) and then have to open it up and do it again.

Any suggustions would be greatly appreciated.

/ Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating #3  
The fluid is overheating as it is being forced across the restriction in the relief valve. Why? Dunno, sounds like something is not quite exactly as it should be with your repair. You have the manual? If not, it will be hard to fix.

jb

/ Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating #4  
The fluid is overheating as it is being forced across the restriction in the relief valve. Why? Dunno, sounds like something is not quite exactly as it should be with your repair. You have the manual? If not, it will be hard to fix.

jb

/ Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating #5  
There is a linkage that should be adjusted to control how high the 3PH can raise. Attached is a picture of the linkage on a B7800. Your should be similar. Loosen item 260 and adjust linkage to stop the noise.

/ Need help!!! Three point hydraulics overheating #6  
There is a linkage that should be adjusted to control how high the 3PH can raise. Attached is a picture of the linkage on a B7800. Your should be similar. Loosen item 260 and adjust linkage to stop the noise.

Thank you for the posts, and as an update I have not yet figured out the problem but I may have discovered something I may have forgotten. Th problem occurs while the valve is in float position not while being raised as the lever properly returns to neutral there. It is when the lever is full forward (float). I remeber now that when I had the body off a bearing came out of a slot and it was held toward a the piece where the lever enters in to the valve block to control the valve. The bearing is loaded by a spring to create the detent for the neutral position. While working on the hitch arms and moving the body aroung I discovered 3 or 4 "shim" looking things. i had assumed that they were from the spring and bearing but while reviewing the parts manual last night I did not see any located there, I however dicovered that there were shims within the valve itself. I am guessing these shims must have come from there rather than where I had originally figured. Although I cant see how this seems the most obvious solution to me. Any opinions what these shims actually do? It appears that they are some part of the relief valve, could that be what causes the restriction? Any other ideas if this isnt the problem? Again all help is much appreciated as I do not have the repair manual and need to get this thing running right. I miss my seat time!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thank you for the posts, and as an update I have not yet figured out the problem but I may have discovered something I may have forgotten. Th problem occurs while the valve is in float position not while being raised as the lever properly returns to neutral there. It is when the lever is full forward (float). I remeber now that when I had the body off a bearing came out of a slot and it was held toward a the piece where the lever enters in to the valve block to control the valve. The bearing is loaded by a spring to create the detent for the neutral position. While working on the hitch arms and moving the body aroung I discovered 3 or 4 "shim" looking things. i had assumed that they were from the spring and bearing but while reviewing the parts manual last night I did not see any located there, I however dicovered that there were shims within the valve itself. I am guessing these shims must have come from there rather than where I had originally figured. Although I cant see how this seems the most obvious solution to me. Any opinions what these shims actually do? It appears that they are some part of the relief valve, could that be what causes the restriction? Any other ideas if this isnt the problem? Again all help is much appreciated as I do not have the repair manual and need to get this thing running right. I miss my seat time!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif