Need Help w/ Kubota L3710 Front Axle Bevel Gear Housing Lesak

/ Need Help w/ Kubota L3710 Front Axle Bevel Gear Housing Lesak #61  
Update: With the 85w-140 gear oil there is now no leakage at all. Even dry around the seal. This is even after a week of daily use filling in a friend's swimming pool. So for now I'm just going to leave it alone and try to avoid getting it underwater.

When the left front bevel seal on my L3430 began leaking 2 years ago, the dealer quoted me a price of $800 to replace it. Had I seen this post back then, I would have replaced the seals myself. The tractor had 750 hrs on it at that point and because I needed more HP, I was thinking of trading it. As a result, I did the same as you and replaced the UDT2 front axle fluid with 85w-140 gear oil. There was no trace of the leak afterward. I traded the L3430 for a MX5800 last spring so I never did find out how long the oil change would keep the leak under control.

/ Need Help w/ Kubota L3710 Front Axle Bevel Gear Housing Lesak #62  
I disassembled the right hand axle on L4400 (HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION). Moving yellow sand when this leak was present wasn't a good idea. So according to Messicks | Your home for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota & More... seal (50 OIL SEAL SEAL,OIL TC230-13040 $60.22) is leaking axle fluid outwards and taking in yellow sand inward, caged bearing assembly BEARING,BALL(RAD replaces #TD060-12810 08101-06014 $38.40 46 in stock) has got a little sand inside, requires cleaning, possible replacement. I needed some special large circlip pliers to compress the first internal circlip and then had to expand the second circlip, apart from that, ordinary tools.

/ Need Help w/ Kubota L3710 Front Axle Bevel Gear Housing Lesak #63  
I have a ? in regards to this seal "A" in one of the cut out views posted on my L4150. According to my dealer and the serial number of my tractor, seal is just a o-ring. Part number 150 in attached. My question is can you replace this seal from the top or does everything have to go out the bottom?
king pin 1.jpgpart 1.jpg

/ Need Help w/ Kubota L3710 Front Axle Bevel Gear Housing Lesak #64  
Gear oil, is not measured on the same scale as hydraulic transmission oil, and motor oil.

80-90w Gear oil, is actually light weight oil. Viscosity varies widely by brand. But, most are about the same viscosity as 40w motor oil. Most hydraulic transmission oil is about 30w.

Kubota SUDT is on the thin side, so you would gain some viscosity with 80w-90. But, it's not a big difference. Don't expect 80-90w to solve any leakage problems.

140w is the heavy gear oil, everyone thinks about when they think of thick oil.

See attachment:visc scale.jpg