Need help with hydraulic problem

/ Need help with hydraulic problem #11  
Franz,
Geez sometimes the simplest solutions evade us. I hooked up a y diverter on my pounder so I could use the 3 pt. and my pounder.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Need help with hydraulic problem
Thanks Franz, that was a big help. I got the postdriver working today, or i should say I the postdriver started working today under it's own volition. I was testing out what you said by holding the postdriver controller in the up position, then working the 3PH lever to see if the 3PH would move. It didn't, but sure enough the postdriver did. Thereafter it worked regardless of the position the 3PH lever was in (what the...). However, the 3PH still does not work, even with the ram lifted all the way and the lever up.

Do you think I should get a diverter?

Thanks.

/ Need help with hydraulic problem
After enough years of goin nuts with hydraulic systems, you eventually gain the good sense to go have a mug of coffy and draw the damn thing out on a cardboard box.
The best dirty trick for hooking up hydraulic machines is to run them on compressed air to see what you have to deal with. Air cleans up off the shop floor a lot easier than hydro oil, and 150# of air pressure will usually move most machines without a load on them.
Sometimes you also find the machine is loaded with contaminated oil, and you're a lot happier getting the water/contamination out that way than you will be dealing with frozen hydraulics come cold season.
Glad the suggestion worked out for you.
Remember, keep hand off top of post during hammering operations, hammers hurt!

/ Need help with hydraulic problem #14  
Hi ya
yep keep ya hands off the top at all times.get into a habit of holding posts 8-10 inchs from the top with both hands to sight etc some drivers have a chain set up to hold posts while driving use it !!..another thing has ya driver got a driving top ??it's a metal plate setup with wood on the top stops the bounce while driveing and also stops the hammer hitting the top of the post ,it cuts down the amount of cracked post tops .another thing is with the size tractor ya have ya driver on watch moveing it from post to post with the hammer that high of the ground changes ya handling alot
catch ya
JD Kid