Need help with Intek carbration

/ Need help with Intek carbration #1  

Tbone51merc

Tractor
Craftsman lt3500
Hello, I am new to this and was wondering if any one knows or has experienced any problems like I am having with my Craftsman Lawn tractor? I am not getting any fuel into my carb. I have fuel all the way to the carb but it does not come out jets. I can pore fuel in carb and it starts but it wont start unless I feed carb manually with fuel from the top. Another problem I am having is I go to turn engine over and motor seems real tight and I have to rock engine over with starter and some time assist engine turning by hand to get motor to turn over on its own power of the starter. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking Tom in N Idaho.

/ Need help with Intek carbration #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Need help with Intek carbration #3  
Hey Tbone. WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ Need help with Intek carbration #4  
Sounds like your needle is stuck closed or plugged. Take the carb of the mower taking notes or pictures to hook the governor up correctly. Remove the float bowel, the needle valve is attached to the float. remove the float and the needle valve and squirt some cleaner in the needle valve from the float end and the gas line end then air blast both ways. you should be able blow air through the the gas line side. Reassemble the float and needle valve and blow air again. you should be able to stop the air by pushing GENTLY up on the float and the air flow restart after releasing the float. Reassemble the float bowel on the carb and the carb on the mower. It should work now

/ Need help with Intek carbration
Hello, once again and thanks for the welcome. I believe I found the problem. It was the carb float needle just like "mostly gas" had explained. It was rusted and had alot of hard green gunk in the float bowl. I busted the plastic float when I was trying to get the float needle out. It was really stuck. I soaked the carb in my parts washer for about 15 minutes and everything came clean. All I need now is a new float that I will order today. I thank all for your help and am glad their is forums like this and I hope I can return the favor some day. Tom N Idaho