Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394

/ Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394 #1  

snowman4evr

Tractor
Case 1394 AWD Rear Duals
Hi guys, I need a little help with this injector pump. While I feel like I am fairly good mechanic, An injector pump expert I am not. This injector pump on our 1394 is dripping diesel about every couple of seconds. Engine runs good however, so it isnt effecting the running any. Just need to know if it something I can fix, or does it need an expert. I have allready checked the bolts and injector lines to see if they was loose. I took some pics. Post a couple of links to photo bucket. Hopefully one will work. Might have to copy and paste, I am not sure.

snowman4evr's Library | Photobucket

/ Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394 #2  
First I'd start by pressure washing it, blow dry with compressed air, then start it up and pinpoint exactly where it's leaking.

Over tightening the fuel injector lines will create problems more often than not, the copper washers have a life cycle and should be replaced.

/ Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394 #3  
   / Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394
Thanks Coyote, I called them and left message, no call back as of yet. Believe I will clean it off first and try replacing the seals at the stop and throttle cables first.

/ Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394 #5  
G'day it could also be the washers at the base of the standpipes they are steel and replace them with the same as copper ones will not last there.

Jon

/ Need help with leaking injector pump on 1394 #6  
Hi guys, I need a little help with this injector pump. While I feel like I am fairly good mechanic, An injector pump expert I am not. This injector pump on our 1394 is dripping diesel about every couple of seconds. Engine runs good however, so it isnt effecting the running any. Just need to know if it something I can fix, or does it need an expert. I have allready checked the bolts and injector lines to see if they was loose. I took some pics. Post a couple of links to photo bucket. Hopefully one will work. Might have to copy and paste, I am not sure.

snowman4evr's Library | Photobucket

I am having the same trouble. my leak is about 2 ounces in 8 hours. This leak is constant even with the tractor not running for days. I catch the fuel in a large 30 gallon drain tray. The leak is not on the pressure side of the pump. it is on the supply side. It will continue to very slowly drain my tank over long periods of setting. The tractor runs great, with no indication that it is sucking in any air. I pressure washed the tractor and tried to better see where the leak originates. I see fuel drops on the very bottom of the injection pump. The pump is original from 1984. I think a seal or O ring may have deteriorated. I hope this helps you by supplying a few more clues. Should you find the fix please let me know. my email is maxmuir29@yahoo.com