Need help with my geometry

/ Need help with my geometry #21  
Thanks for making me exercise the brain today.

/ Need help with my geometry #22  
Hey, guys! The vertical height is not 24. That was the length of the slanted side.

I still say 1/100 acre. Just divide the cost of an acre/foot of concrete by 100 and multiply by the fraction of a foot you want for thickness. :)

Bruce

/ Need help with my geometry
You're close enough! Dieselcrawer is dead on - 436.35 sq. ft. Your 22' dimension is actual 21.8 feet.
Yes, I think Dieselcrawler probably is exact. My figure of 440 sq. ft. was made by measuring paper with a cheap ruler so I could not tell the difference between 22' and 21.8' when I was measuring.

Now since my concrete will be 6" thick, 436.35' X .5' = 218.175 cubic feet. With 27 c.f. to a cu. yard that equals 8.08 yards so I will order 8 1/2 yards of concrete.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Need help with my geometry #24  
I often use that pie-thag-whatever-um serum, I mean therum... can't say the words but I know what numbers to punch in... always was good at math and geometry. Glad I could help.

/ Need help with my geometry #25  
I thank everyone for their help. I was getting so many different answers I had to try to figure it out without using math. I drew it on a piece of paper, cut out the 2 sides, placed them together into a square and measured it.
My answer is 440 square feet.

I hope I am right because I am figuring out how much concrete I need to pour my driveway apron.

View attachment 465543

View attachment 465544

Buy 6 yards... You'll have a little extra. One yard of concrete does 81 sq ft @ 4 inches thick.

/ Need help with my geometry #26  
Yes, I think Dieselcrawler probably is exact. My figure of 440 sq. ft. was made by measuring paper with a cheap ruler so I could not tell the difference between 22' and 21.8' when I was measuring.

Now since my concrete will be 6" thick, 436.35' X .5' = 218.175 cubic feet. With 27 c.f. to a cu. yard that equals 8.08 yards so I will order 8 1/2 yards of concrete.

Or, you can do that !:duh:

/ Need help with my geometry #27  
u got a rect 10x whatever. u got 2 rt triangles10x24 x whatever. solve triangle for whatever and u got it. 100 + whatever^2 = 24^2

That's right. Then take 3 guzinta 436.4 = 145.5 cubic feet. then 27 guzinta 145.5 = 5.4 times thats the number of yards of 6 bag See-ment you will be spreading with your apron on. My cement guy also specifies some type of moisture content along with the order for seasonal (temperature mainly I believe) consideration. The new thing for me is to pour it as one big slab and then slit it with a concrete saw a few days later for the crack/seams stress relievers. I just had a pad poured in front of my machinery shed that's 15 x 60. I got tired of laying down in gravel when repairing equipment. Its so nice I ashamed to park anything dirty or leaking oil on it.

So, back to laying on gravel.....

/ Need help with my geometry #28  
I just had a pad poured in front of my machinery shed that's 15 x 60. I got tired of laying down in gravel when repairing equipment. Its so nice I ashamed to park anything dirty or leaking oil on it.

So, back to laying on gravel.....
Store some cardboard in the shed? ... Drag it out to protect the concrete when you work. Slick enuf you dont even need a creeper.

/ Need help with my geometry #30  
Looked it up. It a side (30') plus b side (10') divided by 2 times the height. We don't know height and there's not enough info to determine.

There is enough info. Look at it as 2 right triangles plus a rectangle in the middle. Find height by using Pythagoras's theorem. At 81 I don't recall the math.