Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please.

/ Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please.
if it were a 10-1 I think it might be in the higher end of the price category.. etc. here anyway..

I'm pretty familiar with Dearborn plows and figure this must be the first or early version with the open "cut-outs" on the upper steel three-point bracing? Anything else different? Is this better because of it's collector desire or something else? You would figure a later version would sell better.

/ Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please. #12  
yep.. open.

i just know lots of guys that specifically go shopping for the 10-1's etc...

/ Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please. #13  
For what it's worth...
I gave $275 for a really nice 2 bottom trip plow last spring...
It was a model 80 AC that had a home made 3 point from snap coupler...
The year before that I purchased a cherry 5-1/2' Howse medium duty disc for $450 that had been used only 3 times and stored inside a warehouse...
That 2 bottom plow will bring $250 to $350 around here and the disc will fetch $500 or so...
Everything is regional...

Am going to buy the plow for myself. Any idea what color these were originally so I can paint? Am thinking Ford Red but I have seen some painted Ford Grey.
Any idea on this?

/ Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please. #15  
dearborn are usually red with black tools. ferguson are grey.. etc...

I bought both the plow and the disc from the guy and am in the process of fixing what needs fixing and repainting both. Lots of loose bolts. What amazes me is the quality of steel in the plow parts.

On the Dearborn plow, the toplink hole has what appears to be a "ball in socket" arrangement like a lift arm end to aid in toplink pin alignment. I have owned several of these plows over the years and noticed this but never tried to loosen one up. Can it be done? So far I put oil on them but no luck. What about warming it up with a torch and a little oil and persuasion? Think it will work or should I let sleeping dogs lie?

/ Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please. #17  
I bought both the plow and the disc from the guy and am in the process of fixing what needs fixing and repainting both. Lots of loose bolts. What amazes me is the quality of steel in the plow parts.

On the Dearborn plow, the toplink hole has what appears to be a "ball in socket" arrangement like a lift arm end to aid in toplink pin alignment. I have owned several of these plows over the years and noticed this but never tried to loosen one up. Can it be done? So far I put oil on them but no luck. What about warming it up with a torch and a little oil and persuasion? Think it will work or should I let sleeping dogs lie?

I would try some PB Blaster and a pry bar first...
That should do it but if not a little heat from a torch should free it up...

I would try some PB Blaster and a pry bar first...
That should do it but if not a little heat from a torch should free it up...

Tried the PB blaster thing with a pry rod so this afternoon will carefully try a little heat.

/ Need help with pricing Ford/Dearborn plow and 6 ft newer disc please. #19  
let us know how it turns out.

Turned out great. It took a goodly amount of heat but things popped loose. Actually a neat idea and they were not all internally rusted up. I'll do a thread on the repainting of it. This plow and an 8N or 9N must have been the ticket for the family farmer in the 1950's. No wonder they're so collectible.