Need help with remotes. Identification and controls

/ Need help with remotes. Identification and controls #1  

adkalex

Tractor
2012 Kubota M5140DT
Hello,
I bought a new (used) tractor and it has remotes at the front and rear (see pics).

I have done some research on this site and others and I still do not have a tight handle on how my specific remotes work.

My tractor is a 2012 Kubota M5140. I thought I was fairly intelligent...I was wrong. I understand what the remotes do in general, but I am confused on the different types (detent-how do you know/findout), their function, and how to operate them.

There is a picture of the loader controls and the front remotes. I believe the small white button activates the front remotes and then the 2 black buttons control the flow. I am not exactly sure how. Can anyone explain. I am hoping to hook up a plow and control the direction with these.

Then at the rear there are another set that I believe are controlled with the lever pictured, but I do not know how.

There is also a single hydraulic hose by itself that I do not know what it is for or how it works.

Finally there are connections for the backhoe that were hooked up upon purchase so I understand how the connect and operate. From reading the manual I read that these connections need to be hooked together when not hooked to backhoe (no picture).

I would greatly appreciate any help.:confused:

Attachments

• Au Sable-20130912-00044.jpg
    Au Sable-20130912-00044.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Au Sable-20130912-00030.jpg
    Au Sable-20130912-00030.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Au Sable-20130912-00036.jpg
    Au Sable-20130912-00036.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Au Sable-20130912-00043.jpg
    Au Sable-20130912-00043.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Au Sable-20130912-00031.jpg
    Au Sable-20130912-00031.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Au Sable-20130912-00032.jpg
    Au Sable-20130912-00032.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 111
   / Need help with remotes. Identification and controls #2  
On the rear remotes, notice the sticker that shows how to connect a cylinder to the quick couplers. Left is piston side of the cylinder, right is the rod end of the cylinder. The lever activates the rear remotes. Notice it has a sticker showing a cylinder and which way to move the lever to extend or retract the cylinder. Detents will be built into the valve (if you have any), if the lever returns when released when moved to end of travel in each direction you do not have detents.
The loader control should have a detent for float of the boom (joystick all the way forward.)
Hard to tell about the front remotes without tracing the lines. Same for the single rear line. Your front remotes could use a diverter valve that uses the dump/curl circuit, but then it would not need the two black buttons. You may have a third function valve that is electrically controlled using the two black buttons. That would not need the white button.

/ Need help with remotes. Identification and controls
Thanks for the info. I will trace out the lines see if I can figure it out.

From some more research it looks like the white button does activate the third function remote up front. The black buttons then control the direction of the flow.

The side lever controls the rear set. You can push or pull the lever and if you push or pull harder the lever locks in.

I traced out the single line and it goes back into the tractor near where one of the backhoe lines goes (which is the same area as the front remotes and the loader valves).
I am still not sure how it functions.

/ Need help with remotes. Identification and controls #5  
Do you have anything to connect to these remotes? If not, there is no way for them to "function" as they are dead-headed at quick connects and operating the lever/switches will just blow off the relief.

ac

Yes, i have an angle plow for the front and would like to get a hydraulic top link for the rear. I am only messing with the valves when the tractor is not running. I am only trying to see exactly what I have for future reference. Thanks

/ Need help with remotes. Identification and controls #7  
Have you tried contacting original owner?

/ Need help with remotes. Identification and controls #8  
You could try sticking some hyd gages in the QD's and see what you have and when.

No I will try, thanks

View attachment 337045View attachment 337043View attachment 337044View attachment 337046View attachment 337047

I am still unsure of the single hose. It does go to a T up near the loader valves into the tractor(first pic). Then continues to another T (second pic). The metal line that comes out of the second T goes into the front of the loader valves (pic 3).

The lines I connected together from the backhoe- One is a metal line that connects just under the rear remotes (pic 4) and the other hose goes up to the connection where the loader connections are. It does not T into anything in has its own port (pic 5 bottom most port).