Need help

/ Need help #1  

Calpyro

Silver Member
Tractor
2010D
Hello,
I am an owner of a Grey market Yanmar tractor and I am shopping for a small dozer to buy to do some grading and site prep for a horse arena, paddocks, and barn. My thoughts are to buy a dozer and use it for as long as I need and sell it when I am done. I need a small dozer that is maneuverable and able to work in tight quarters around my trees and landscaping.
The dealer that I bought my Yanmar from has several small Grey market dozers that are in good working order. A couple that I am interested are a Mitsubishi BD2G and a Komatsu D20.
My questions are
1. Are parts available for these tractors?
2. Are they well designed?
3. What are the things to look at that commonly wear on these tractors?
4. Does anybody have any of these tractors?
Any other opinions or information are very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Cameron
PS These are the tractors I am looking at: http://www.robinsonstrading.com/Dozers2.htm

/ Need help #2  
I know Komatsu makes a small dozer,I would contact a Komatsu dealer and ask them about parts. Thanks for the grey market bulldozer link, I definately will have to check into that.

/ Need help #3  
Have you thought about renting one? I got a 450 at the house now for $1700 a month. It nice to call them when something is wrong and they come out and fix it. As far as buying one sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Ive done both, though probally lost thats why I opted to rent on this job. Dont know much about the komats, other then I do see the small one go fairly cheap at the auctions. They have a komat on the yard I rent from that they were gonna send if they couldnt get the 450 to act right..